- 3 hrs ago Actress Kriti Sanon Is A Dream In Pink Ethnic Wear - See Pics!
- 5 hrs ago Monkeypox In Children: Symptoms To Watch Out For And More Details
- 7 hrs ago Monkeypox Vs Coronavirus: How The Two Infections Differ From Each Other
- 9 hrs ago Jagannath Rath Yatra 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- Sports IPL 2022: Riyan Parag drops a sitter to give Rajat Patidar a breather, netizens remind him of karma
- Finance Emkay Global Gives A Buy Call To This Maharatna Stock For A Potential Gain Of 27.3%
- Automobiles Top 10 Best Selling 6-seater/7-seater UVs In April 2022
- News Monkeypox spreads only through monkeys? 6 myths about the infection busted
- Movies MIFF 2022: 102 Documentary, Short Fiction And Animation Films Competing For Golden Conch & Silver Conch Awards
- Education UPSC Prelims Exam On June 5, Important Topics To Be Revised Before CSE 2022
- Technology How To Mark Parking Spot In Google Maps
- Travel June 2022: Indian Festivals And Events Guide
Epilepsy is a serious neurological condition which sees a tendency of having recurrent seizures in the brain. There are different types of seizures that a person can suffer from. Medications for epilepsy are to control the seizures and rarely surgeries are required.
An epileptic person needs to be take some precautions to ensure that a sudden seizure doesn't leave him/her in a vulnerable position. Here are some tips to keep in mind when someone experiences an epileptic seizure, take a look:
1. Taking Medicines: If you are taking medicines to treat your epilepsy, do not suddenly change it without taking your doctor into confidence. The drugs you are taking depend on the type of epilepsy you have and only your doctor can prescribe what is in your best interest.
2. Medical Identification: Carry a medical identification, so that in case of an emergency, the people around you will move you to a safe location and make arrangements for the required treatment.
3. Avoid Risky Ventures: Do not engage in activities that might make you vulnerable to danger in case you have a seizure. Do not go to high places or run a risky machine. Take each activity at a time and focus on the risk factor like, be careful about running a mowing machine or handling hot appliances.
4. Take Precaution During Sporting Events: If you are going for a sporting activity, which may involve some amount of risk, take enough precautions like wearing a helmet or life jacket. Also, remain in the middle of people, so that somebody can take care of you if you are experience a seizure.
5. Alcohol: Do not take alcohol if you are on a medication for epilepsy.
6. Give The Person Relief: If the epileptic person has a tight clothing, help loosen it. Also, do not try to insert the medicine into his/her mouth in case the teeth get locked. It might cause a grave injury.
7. After The Seizure: Even after a person gets over the seizure, it is important to accompany him/her, as there could be a temporary confusion.
In Case A Child Has A Seizure:
• Move the child away from the objects that could harm him/her.
• Do not try to restrict the child's movement.
• Do not put any object into his/her mouth.
• Assure your child when he/she regains consciousness.
• Go for medical help if the child is having his/her first seizure or multiple seizures or if the seizure lasts for too long.
• Stay close to the child after he/she regains consciousness following a sudden seizure.
- wellnessTreating Sleep Apnoea Can Improve Memory In People With Cognitive Decline
- wellnessHow Does The Body Convert Carbohydrates Into Energy?
- wellnessAntibiotics Can Lead To Life-Threatening Fungal Infection Because Of Disruption To The Gut Microbiome: Expert
- healthPhilanthropist Upasana Kamineni Konidela Visits Senior Care Homes And Health Camps
- wellnessIs Nutraceuticals A Smart Choice For A Healthier Tomorrow?
- wellnessE-manas Platform For Mental Health Can Be Replicated Nationwide: K'taka Health Minister
- wellnessMonkeypox Virus Case Confirmed In UK After Nigeria Travel Link
- wellnessNational Thalassemia Day 2022: Pregnancy In Women With Thalassemia
- wellnessApollo Hospitals Successfully Performs Surgery To Remove Rare Recurrent Chest Wall Tumour
- wellnessGovt Committed To Two Important Aspects Of Healthcare, ‘Heal By India’ And Heal In India’: Mansukh Mandaviya
- nutritionBenefits Of Potatoes And The Healthiest Way To Cook Them
- wellnessHow Cannabis Affects Our Cognition And Psychology: New Research