Monsoon is the breeding time for insects and pests; and mosquito is one of the most harmful insects among them. Diseases like malaria, dengue, elephantiasis, etc, are caused by mosquito bites.
Dengue fever is caused by a special type of a mosquito known as Aedes aegypti. During monsoon, this type of a mosquito increases in huge numbers and it causes Dengue.
Before knowing how to prevent dengue fever, you must have some idea about the symptoms of the disease.
Also Read: 14 Things You Need To Know About Dengue
Dengue mosquitoes bite during the daytime. What are the common symptoms of this killer disease?
The fever starts with having a chilly feeling, headache, and excruciating pain at the back of the eyes, which increases with the movement of your eyes.
Gradually, you will feel a loss of an appetite, pain in the joints and soon the temperature will touch 104 degree F and pulse rate starts to fall. Red eyes and low blood pressure are other symptoms.
How to prevent dengue fever? Consult a physician in case you find any of the above mentioned symptoms bothering you. Monsoon is the time of influenza and viral fever. But, you may not recognise the symptoms at an early stage.
So, go to a doctor and get a blood test done. But, as you know, precaution is anytime better than prevention. Try to follow some tips to prevent dengue fever.
If you know how to prevent dengue fever, you can keep it far away and enjoy monsoon. So, here are the best and easiest tips to prevent dengue fever, have a look.
Also Read: This One Natural Leaf Helps Cure Dengue
1. Don't Store Water: Stagnant water is the breeding ground of dengue mosquitoes. Never store water in buckets, flower vases or in other pots. If there is a situation where you can't remove stored water, then make sure you cover the pails well while not using.
2. Use Mosquito Net: Though many of you prefer to avoid this, but make sure to use a mosquito net, especially during the rainy season. Specifically, if you have little kids and old people in your house, try to keep them always inside the mosquito net. This is one of the best tips to prevent dengue.
3. Use Mosquito Repellant: During daytime, you can apply mosquito repellant cream all over your body. Also, use mosquito repellant oil to get rid of the dengue mosquitoes. Not only daytime, but use these at night also.
4. Maintain Hygiene: Maintaining hygiene is very important to keep any of the diseases at bay. Always cover your dustbin and keep it clean. Keep your toilet dry and use an essential oil as a room freshener to get rid of the mosquitoes. Don't store water in the buckets inside your bathroom.
5. Tulsi Can Help: Plant tulsi in a pot and keep it beside the window. This plant contains such properties that are effective to keep mosquitoes away and hamper their breeding. This is definitely one of the effective tips to prevent dengue.
6. Use Camphor: This is one of the natural ways to prevent dengue. Close all doors and windows and light camphor inside your room. Now, leave it for 20 minutes and you will get a mosquito-free environment. Try this every day, morning and evening.
7. Cover Yourself: Dengue mosquitoes can bite anywhere. Maybe you're taking precautions at home, but what to do while going out? Wear long pants, full-sleeve shirts, socks and covered shoes. Try to cover yourself as much as possible.
These are some of the simple tips that you should try to stay away from dengue. If you or anyone of your family members is infected, don't delay in consulting a physician. Remember, dengue can be cured if it is diagnosed at the initial stage.