- News Govt says no formal information on Nithyananda fleeing from country
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Sports Review blunders haunt New Zealand against England
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Finance CSB Bank IPO Opens On 22 November: Things To Know
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Most of us, by now, would know the dangerous facts of cigarette smoking and we do realise how addictive this habit can be, which takes over our lives.
If you are a smoker or knows someone who is a smoker, you will know how unhealthy this habit can make a person feel.
Cigarette smoking is known to be the cause of hundreds of deaths every year, globally.
It is also estimated by a research that people who smoke are 20 times more likely to develop lung cancer compared to non-smokers.
Research studies have also found that cigarette smoke contains 7000 chemicals, out of which at least 250 chemicals are linked to cancer.
Cigarette smoking becomes an addictive habit mainly due to the effects of nicotine, which is a psychoactive substance found in cigarette smoke.
Nicotine enters your bloodstream and reaches your brain, creating an adrenaline rush, which is the reason why most people become addicted to this "high".
As we know, cigarette smoking can cause many health complications, including pneumonia and lung cancer.
Therefore, learn more about some of the deadly, harmful ingredients found in cigarettes, here.
This is a chemical that is found in cigarettes, cement and rubber, and it is a deadly carcinogen that can be linked with leukaemia.
Ammonia is one of the main ingredients in cigarettes which is added to boost the "high". This chemical can cause bronchitis and other respiratory disorders.
Formaldehyde found in cigarettes is a common embalming fluid that is used to preserve dead bodies, which can cause cancer, skin and stomach-related ailments.
Acetone is commonly used in cleaning liquids and nail polish removers, and when inhaled through cigarettes, it can lead to skin ailments and brain disorders.
Tar, which is also another common ingredient found in cigarettes, can clog your lungs and cause disorders like emphysema, chronic bronchitis and lung cancer.
6. Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide is a fatal chemical that is found in cigarettes and can cause headaches, nausea, dizziness and eventually heart disorders.
Arsenic is also the main ingredient in rat poison, so you can imagine how harmful it can be when inhaled! It is also linked with bladder and lung cancer.