- 12 hrs ago Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- 18 hrs ago Happy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- 1 day ago Tokyo Olympics 2020: Know About India's Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Who Won Silver Medal In Weightlifting
- 1 day ago Kriti Sanon Looks Fresh And Radiant In Her Vibrant Orange Dress; Take A Look At Her Orange Eye Shadow Too!
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 July 25 Highlights: Arjun Bijlani Emerges As The Winner Of First K-Medal Of The Show
- Sports A tale of two Mumbai Indians boys: Suryakumar Yadav continues to impress; Hardik Pandya remains ineffective
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Automobiles Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Suji or semolina, the coarse wheat middlings used for making a variety of food items is a very popular food item in India. Like many other wheat products, suji also contains gluten and hence those who areallergictowheat or are suffering from celiac disease should avoid it.
But otherwise, suji is a universally acclaimed food for its great taste and healthy benefits. It contains B-complex vitamins, including folate and thiamin besides various other mineral nutrients.
Here are some benefits that suji offersto our health:
1. Helps in regulating weight:
Suji is made of durum wheat which keeps you fuller for a long time by taking a long time to get digested and release the energy slowly. In this way, it kills the hunger cravings and helps in regulating your weight by helping you to avoid overeating. You can also have suji in the night as it is a light food and will not push you towards gaining weight.
2. Gives energy:
Suji is a great supplier of energy and helps you avoid feeling lethargic. Have suji dishes with vegetables so that you get a great nourishment.
3. Great aid to the nervous system:
The phosphorus, zinc and magnesium content in suji helps the nervous system.
4. Gives strong bones:
Suji is also great for our bones as it increases their density and keepsthem healthy and strong.
5. Good for heart:
Suji is a great agent for the heart. It protects us against heart diseases. The selenium content in suji prevents infection and strengthens the immunity.
6. Good for overall body function:
The rich nutrient content in suji makes it a suitable food for the overall functioning of the body. The potassium in suji supports functioning of the heart and kidney while phosphorus is needed to metabolise energy. Magnesium in suji is good forthemuscles.
7. Anti-anaemic agent:
Suji contains iron which boosts blood circulation and hence neutralises anaemic tendency.
8. Diet food during illness:
Suji serves as a diet food during illness for both adults and children. It is not just easy to prepare but also easy to digest.
9. Good for diabetics:
Suji is a low-glycemic food and is recommended for those who havediabetes. Besides giving the diabetics regular energy, it also keeps the blood sugar low.
10. Prevents constipation:
The fibre content in suji helps us digest the food easily and have an easy bowel movement as well.