- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says He Would Become Extremely Lonely If He Ever Took Up Direction
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
As the winter is on its way, we are also set to welcome oranges. This popular fruit is not only tasty and juicy, but also has a wide variety of benefits for our health.
The nutrition in oranges helps us in fighting cardiovascular problems, besides cancer and gastrointestinal disorders. Oranges can be consumed in their raw form or through juice or in a fruit salad. Of these, juice is a popular form of consuming orange.
Why Orange Juice Is A Healthy Drink?
Juice of a fresh orange contains a lot of minerals, flavonoids, vitamins and phytonutrients, all of which are essential for a great health.
Besides vitamin C, a very crucial vitamin for our body, orange juice also supplies us with iron, manganese, zinc, folic acid, phosphorus, etc. On the top of it, orange juice has no calories that can affect your health.
So, here we list the top 10 health benefits that orange juice offers to us:
1. Minimises Heart Attack Risk:
Orange juice also helps in preventing heart disorder. Hersperidin in orange juice prevents clogging of the arteries and hence reduces the risk of heart attacks.
2. Helps In Maintaining The Blood Pressure Level:
The high magnesium content in orange juice makes it a perfect drink for those who have high or low blood pressure. Magnesium helps in bringing the high blood pressure back to the normal range.
3. Healing Effect:
Flavonoids present in oranges have anti-inflammatory properties and they help treat arthritis and cure stiffness and pain associated with the condition.
4. Improves The Immunity:
The juice of this citrus fruit contains vitamin C, which improves our immunity against flu and cold.
5. Treats Ulcers:
Orange juice helps in treating and preventing ulcers and it stimulates digestion.
6. Prevents Kidney Stones:
Drinking orange juice regularly prevents the formation of kidney stones. Concentration of minerals and chemicals generally lead to the formation of kidney stones and the citrate in orange juice reduces the urine acidity to prevent such a disorder.
7. Prevents Cancer:
The vitamin C and D-limonene content in oranges protect us against several types of cancers like mouth cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer.
8. Improves Skin Health:
The antioxidant properties of oranges give the skin a healthy boost and youthful look, thus minimizing the effect of ageing.
9. Helps In Losing Weight:
The antioxidants present in orange juice help in reducing weight.
10. Treats Anaemia:
Deficiency in iron causes insufficient red blood cells in haemoglobin and this leads to an ailment like anaemia. The vitamin C in oranges helps in absorbing iron into the bloodstream and thereby avoiding anaemia.