- Finance Maruti Suzuki Increases Prices On Select Models Effective Today
- Technology Jio’s Got Talent: Telco Joins Snapchat For Talent Search
- Sports Doncic dazzles, Rockets soar as the NBA continues to mourn Bryant
- News Coronavirus outbreak: China urges citizens to delay foreign travel over virus fears
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz & Sidharth Shukla To Compete In Mall Task; Here's When It Will Be Held!
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz V-Class Marco Polo Launching In India: Will Debut At Auto Expo
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Menopause is a point in a woman's life when she stops menstruating and comes face to face with innumerable health conditions. Hot flushes, sleeping problems, fatigue, depression, mood swings, memory loss and no interest in sex are some of these.
In this article, we are going to talk about certain surprising health problems that are associated with menopause.
According to research, menopausal women were found to start suffering from sleep apnea. This is not because of the hot flushes that they are found to be suffering from at this stage of their life. Sleep apnea is caused in menopausal women because their progesterone level falls and they start gaining weight during this time.
Sleep apnea causes disturbance in sleeping and this can cause heart attacks, strokes and even diabetes in menopausal women.
With ageing, we tend to lose our hearing power. But it has been found that in menopausal women hearing loss is found to occur at an alarming rate. The reason for this has been found to be the decrease in the oestrogen level.
Menopausal women have been found to suffer from dry eyes. This is because of the fall in the male hormone testosterone which is responsible for keeping the eyes lubricated and moisturised.
Menopausal women have been found to suffer from liver diseases. This is because the hormone oestrogen is responsible for protecting and healing the liver. With the fall in the level of oestrogen, the liver starts to suffer.
Menopausal women have been found to suffer more from autoimmune disorders like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, etc. This is also the result of the fall in the oestrogen level. The lack of this hormone has been found to cause inflammation in the body.
One of the worst conditions associated with menopause is pelvic organ prolapse. During this time, the pelvic muscles become weak and there are certain organs that start to hang like the vagina, uterus, bladder and rectum.