- Technology Upcoming Vivo Smartphones Highly Anticipated To Launch in 2020
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election LIVE: Stage set for third phase polling today
- Movies Chhapaak: Aamir Khan And Alia Bhatt Are Moved By The Trailer Of Deepika Padukone’s Film
- Sports India Vs West Indies: Records created in Wankhede T20I; Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma touch milestones
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
These days most of the food items that we eat lack vitamins and minerals. Zinc is one such mineral that is very much essential for the proper functioning of the human body. Lack of zinc in your diet can cause certain diseases which can disable your ability to carry out normal day to day activities in the long run.
Zinc deficiency in the body can cause hair loss. There is no need to be alarmed as there are certain diseases like hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism that also cause hair fall. Go for regular checkups and find the cause for your hair fall.
Also Read: 20 Health Benefits Of Zinc
Do you fall sick at the drop of a hat? Are you a victim of bacterial and viral infections? If you have a weak immune system it could be due to zinc deficiency. Scarcity of zinc in your diet weakens your immune system.
Lack of zinc in your body can cause inflammation and oxidative stress. Zinc deficiency can cause chronic diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer's, Wilson's disease, age-related degenerative diseases and neurological disorders.
Zinc deficiency can end up affecting your sense organs as well. Research has shown that those who suffer from zinc deficiency have problems with hearing properly. People who suffer from zinc deficiency suffer from hearing loss. Kids who suffer from zinc deficiency do not grow fully. Zinc deficiency stunts their growth.
Also Read: 15 Zinc-Rich Foods For Men
To make sure that you are consuming the required quantity of zinc every day, it is advisable that you take zinc nutritional supplements along with your regular diet. When you are sweating, zinc is lost through your sweat. So if you sweat easily, take in more zinc nutritional supplements.
Vegetarians are more prone to suffer from zinc deficiency as plant-based foods contain lower amounts of zinc compared to animal-based foods. Also, legumes and whole grains contain a substance called phytate that make it difficult for the body to absorb zinc.