- 1 hr ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 1 hr ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 1 hr ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 2 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- Sports U-17 women's tourney: India lose 0-3 to Sweden
- Movies Taimur Ali Khan Wants Two Birthday Cakes Reveals Mum Kareena Kapoor!
- News Pak criticises India for slamming PM Imran's comments on citizenship act
- Technology 4 Ways to Block Someone on Gmail
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Some call it morning wood and scientists call it NPT or nocturnal penile tumescence but all of them mean involuntary erections during sleep.
Also Read: How Fitness Levels Improve Bed Life
Men can relate to this as most of the men tend to wake up with a tight organ when they are young. When blood is trapped inside the male organ, it causes erection but how does it happen when a man is asleep, that too, when he isn't even in a romantic mood?
Also Read: Is Your Semen Watery? Worried?
Sometimes, it could be embarrassing to wake up like that especially when others are around. But what causes it? Though some researchers say its a mystery, others come up with several reasons. Let us take a look at them.
A study claims that the reason behind morning erections could the brain. As several areas of the brain tend to become inactive as one slips into REM sleep, a man's 'tool' goes out of control as the regulating authority in the brain is shut down. Generally, the brain governs and controls erections and ensures an erection occurs only when aroused.
Sometimes, it could even be 'wet dreams'. When a man has erotic dreams, it could also cause a morning boner.
Some studies claim that it could also be your body's attempt to avoid leakage of urine when the bladder is full during sleep.
Some researchers say that it is just your body's way of training the organ to keep it in good condition. However, there are no valid studies that back this argument.
Another study claims that the reason could be high testosterone levels. Generally, men tend to have high T levels in the morning. Also, when men cross 40, their T levels tend to dip and that is why middle aged men seldom see 'morning miracles' happening to them.
Sometimes, when a man rubs his organ during sleep, even that slight touch could cause a morning boner. The brain tends to feel the stimulation when something touches the organ even during sleep.
Some theories say that it could also be due to nitric oxide. When some cells release nitric oxide, the circulation of blood to the organ could increase and this could cause an erection while one is asleep.