- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- 15 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black Attire At The HT Leadership Summit!
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- Finance Bluechip Stock GAIL @52-Week Low; What's Hitting The Stock?
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Karunya KR-425 lottery result
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Govinda’s Daughter Tina Supports Aarti Singh; Says She's Strong-headed And Friendly
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Automobiles KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Organ donation is one of the most noble gestures one can perform. However, due to certain religious beliefs and taboo it was not much favoured in India.
It would be hard to believe, but yes it is a fact that one donor can save as many as 50 lives. Well, the good news is that, in the recent times, with the increase in awareness levels, the number of organ donations seem to have increased. Many people are now voluntarily coming forward for organ donation.
Also Read: What Happens When You Donate Organs
Still the gap between the supply and demand for various organs is extremey high at any given point of time.
The most amazing part about organ donation is that there are certain organs and tissues which can be donated while you are still alive and then used to give a new lease of life to people who otherwise would have been left to die at their home or at some hospital.
Also Read: Benefits Of Donating Blood
People are still confused and a lot of questions about organ donations might be haunting their minds like - Is donating organ safe? Which are the organs a person can donate while alive or when are they brain dead?
Today on this Organ Donation Day we present to you certain facts about organ donation which everyone should know, and get the myths dispelled. Check it out.
1. Which Body Organs Can Be Donated:
The major human body organs and tissues that can be donated include heart, kidneys, lungs, pancreas, liver, intestines, corneas, skin, tendons, bone and heart valves.
2. There Is No Age Limit For Organ Donation:
There is no age limit for donating organs; anyone can come forward for it. The only thing is that the donor needs to meet the medical criterias. The concerned doctor needs to check and give the approval if the organs and tissues are suitable for transplantation.
3. Organs Should Be In Good Health:
In order to donate any organ, the quality of the organs to be donated should be in good health and it should perfectly match the recepient. Before the organs are harvested and transplanted the doctor needs to check it thoroughly and give the consent.
4. How To Make Organ Donation:
If you are willing to donate your organs voluntarily and have got the consent of your family then all you need to do is register yourself with the State's registry. Every State will have this organ donation registry and all the required information about it will be available on the internet.
5. Circumstancs When Organs Can Be Donated:
In case of any accident where the person is announced brain dead and if the family members give the consent, then the organs can be retreived from the brain dead person and donated. In another instance, for those whose both kidneys are damaged, a family member or relative can donate one of their kidneys.