- 31 min ago Madhuri Dixit-Nene Skincare Routine: Besan Face Pack For A Quick Refresher; DIY In 5 Steps!
- 58 min ago Eid 2022: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Your Ethnic Outfit Guide From B-Town Beauties
- 1 hr ago New WHO Initiative Aims To Stop The Spread Of Malaria Vectors: What You Should Know
- 2 hrs ago Eating Refined Grains Such As White Rice May Increase Premature Heart Disease Risk
- Sports FIFA Under-17 Women's World Cup: India eye a quarterfinal berth, says coach Dennerby
- Finance Jefferies Upgrades This Auto Stock Amid Festive Cheer, Trading At 11% Discount
- Education WBPSC Recruitment 2022 notification Out for SSO, Lab Assistant Post; Know Details here
- News Thane court acquits Bakery owner in child labour case
- Movies House Of The Dragon Season 1 Episode 7 Review: Darkness All Around
- Technology Google Pixel 7 Goes Out-of-Stock on Flipkart; When Can You Get Yours?
- Automobiles Hero Vida V1 Plus & V1 Pro Electric Scooters Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 1.45 Lakh
- Travel Great Pyramid of Giza: The Only Standing Structure from The Seven Wonders of The Ancient World
Research has proved that there are certain food items that can lift our mood and give us happiness. These food items release certain hormones in our body that cheer us up. It has also been proved that the absence of certain food items in our diet has also caused depression and mood swings.
Some examples of food items that lift our mood and make us happy are chocolates, food rich in proteins like fish, lean meat, chicken, nuts and seeds, fruits like bananas, oranges, etc. But did you know that there are certain spices as well that can provide you with a boost and cause happiness?
Also Read: Healthiest Spices And Their Benefits
There are certain herbs and spices that have proved to be great anti-depressants. These spices have proved to provide the mind and body with a great boost. So, instead of going for anti-depressants when you feel low, go to your kitchen and look for these herbs and spices. Include them in you daily diet to remain happy and cheerful.
The first spice that we are going to discuss today is cinnamon. Cinnamon has a distinct sweet aroma and is said to reduce unhealthy sugar cravings. It is known to stimulate the brain. When consumed, it also helps to improve memory, concentration and attention. This spice is a great mood lifter.
The next herb that can lift your mood is saffron. It is well known as the spice of happiness. Researchers have proved that saffron has the same effects as that of an anti-depressant. It is used for the treatment of depression and foul moods.
Also Read: Importance Of Consuming Indian Spices
Turmeric with its bright yellow colour is known to be a mood lifter. It has anti-inflammatory properties and is a great anti-oxidant. It stimulates the release of your body's natural mood enhancer, serotonin.
Rosemary is said to calm frayed nerves and reduce insomnia. Thyme is said to provide relief from mental stress and depressive conditions. So make sure to include these spices and herbs in your daily diet to live a happy and joyful life.
- wellness10 Herbs And Spices That May Help Reduce The Risk Of Dementia
- wellness30 Weight Loss Ingredients Straight From Your Kitchen
- wellness14 Kitchen Spices To Prevent And Manage Diabetes
- wellness22 Best Salt Substitutes To Try Out For Everyday Cooking
- wellnessWhat Is The Shelf Life Of Spices & How To Store Them?
- wellness15 Herbs and Spices In Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- nutrition15 Indian Spices And Their Amazing Health Benefits
- wellness12 Foods That Fight Halitosis (Bad Breath)
- skin careAdd Some Spice To Your Daily Skin Care Routine
- nutritionThese Are The 10 Best And Worst Condiments In Your Kitchen
- recipesJowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home
- wellnessDo You Know These 24 Herbs & Spices That Kill Pain Fast?