- 8 hrs ago Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- 8 hrs ago Side Effects Of Waxing You Should Know About
- 9 hrs ago Having A Nosebleed? Here's A Guide On How To Stop And Prevent It
- 9 hrs ago B-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calender Launch Event
- News Aadhaar: UIDAI issues notices to 127 people in Hyderabad
- Movies Varane Avashyamund Box Office 10 Days Collection Report: Dulquer Salmaan Strikes Gold Again!
- Finance Global Gold Price Climbs To Its One-Month High; Jumps Rs. 700 On MCX
- Sports Guardiola 'always fulfils his contracts' - agent hints at Man City stay
- Technology Airtel Increases Price Of Its Postpaid Plans: Check Details
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Most of us love to sport stylish sunglasses, either for the protection or sometimes, just to look trendy! Did you know that there are certain myths about sunglasses you should never believe in, if you want to avoid eye damage?
These days, the minute we step out our houses during the day, we see people, especially young people, flaunting their fancy sunglasses, right?
Sporting sunglasses has now become more of a fashion trend than an accessory that is used to protect the eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
As we know, the ultraviolet rays from the sun can be extremely dangerous to the human tissues and cells.
When exposed to the UV rays for a long time, without using any kind of a protection, it can cause skin damage, dark spots, sunburn, eye damage and damage to the tissues in various parts of the body.
As our eyes are extremely delicate organs, we need to ensure that they are kept safe from the UV rays and dust, for which we need to use sunglasses in a proper way.
Here are a few myths on sunglasses that can ruin your eyes, if followed, have a look and avoid them!
1. "Expensive Shades Are Better"
More than the price factor, one should check if the sunglasses are providing 100 percent protection from the UVA and UVB rays. Check the labels before buying a pair.
2. "Size Is Not Important"
Many people prefer style over size, when it comes to sunglasses. However, experts opine that shades with bigger lens are better, as they do not allow a lot of light to hit your eyes.
3. "Scratches Are Alright"
When there are scratches on the lens of your shades, you tend to strain your eyes for a better vision, looking through the cracks; but, this can also damage your vision.
4. "Colour Of The Lens Is Important"
The colour of the lens, be it grey, blue, etc., is completely left to your choice, as it does not really have an impact on the UV protection factor.
5. "All Sunglasses Are Anti-Glare"
Only the shades with polarised lens are anti-glare. So, regular sunglasses provide no protection whatsoever from the reflected light and can harm your eyes in the long run.
6. "Low-Quality Sunglasses Are Okay"
It is a fact that most of us would want to save money; however, when it comes to sunglasses, it is better to buy the ones with a better quality, as low-end shades may not give your eyes a good protection.
7. "Darker Lens Offer More Protection"
The tint or colour of the lens has nothing to do with the amount of UVA protection that is offered by the sunglasses.