- 37 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Looks So Perfect In Her Stylish Black-hued Attire And Ups The Fashion Bar
- 58 min ago Lakshmi Manchu's Sari Is The Vibrant Wedding Wear You Need For Your Friend's Wedding
- 1 hr ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Guava For Babies
- 1 hr ago Panipat Actress, Kriti Sanon's Sari And Sports Shoes Look Is What We Want To Nail
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 63 Synopsis - Rashami Desai To Call It Quits?
- News He has performed his duty: Cyberabad CP V C Sajjanar's brother
- Sports India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Live Update: Kohli's band look to pick up an early lead
- Technology Apple Updates "Clips" App With Memoji, Animoji, And More
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
We are often told to avoid outside food, as it is not always prepared under hygiene. No matter how attractive the street food looks, its cleanliness is always a concern.
Unhygienic or contaminated food can lead to problems like food poisoning. But having said that, illness can also be caused by foods that are made at home. You can fall seriously ill after having a favourite dish within hours.
In this article, we will discuss reasons why homemade food can also cause food poisoning the symptoms of which are nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
1. Water You Are Using: The water supply at home is not pure either; and if you are using it in your food without purifying it (like after boiling it), then you are surely inviting trouble. Do not use tap or tube well water in curries. In fact, tap water can be used for making rice, since the water is boiled and drained out before eating the rice. Use water from the water purifier while making a dish at home or else there will be little difference in the food's quality compared to that available outside.
2. Use Fresh Ingredients: A food vendor on the streets can sell stale food from the previous day for making profit and it is a perfect recipe for food poisoning. At home, we don't treat our diet carelessly and choose fresh ingredients and also those that are stored in refrigerators. If we make the same compromise on quality while making food at home, the result can be equally bad.
3. Contamination By Pests: Outside food is also bad because of the fact that it can get contaminated by insects, as the vendor doesn't take much care about the hygiene because it's just the business which he is concerned about. The kitchens of shops and eateries are also not properly cleaned always and the gathering dirt can spoil the food that is made there, affecting the customers' health. At home, we tend to be more careful and hygienic when it comes to food but, at times, the breeding of insects like cockroaches and flies at home can also contaminate our food and leave us sick. Clean the utensils as well before consuming food. Only storing the food in the refrigerator may not be enough.
4. Dirty Hands: The paani puri seller on the streets takes little care about maintaining hygiene by washing his hands regularly, but you must take care of this fact while preparing food at home. Dirty hands can cause contamination, leading to illness. Use gloves while handling the raw food ingredients or else even homemade foods may not be healthy enough.