All of us desire for a brighter and shinier smile. A good smile boosts our self-confidence and leaves a good impression on others too. A sparkling smile is like an accessory for a well-groomed personality.
In recent times, teeth whitening has become a trending thing amongst each one of us; however, with the hectic schedule of our daily lives, it is difficult to take a proper care and ensure of sparkling teeth.
Discolouration of the teeth is a common problem; and with the latest advances in science, it is very easy to restore the natural white colour of the teeth.
Dental bleaching and other dental cleaning procedures are gaining popularity mostly amongst the urban crowd these days.
Visiting an Orthodontist for a teeth cleaning session and its maintenance can burn a hole in your pocket. There are several ways for restoring the pearl-white look of the teeth that include brushing, dental bleaching, dental cleaning, etc.
If you get jitters with the very thought of dental procedures or don't want to go for a lavish dental treatment, there are several home remedies that come in handy for dental bleaching or natural colour restoration of the teeth.
One can try the below mentioned remedies at home with the help of products available in the kitchen itself, do read on:
1. Baking Soda: Baking soda is the best cleansing agent for discoloured teeth. It is effective in removing plaque and restoring the white sparkle.
Method: Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with lemon juice and some white vinegar. Brush your teeth with this mixture. Do this twice in a week. Please remember that excessive usage of baking soda can harm the teeth enamel.
2. Salt: Salt is well known for its dental-cleaning properties and has been used from ancient times. It is useful in regaining the lost mineral content and restoring the whiteness of the teeth.
Method: Mix common salt with your regular toothpaste. Brush your teeth twice in a day for a month. People with a gum bleeding problem can also opt for the same, as the salt can cure gum-related problems too.
3. Lemon: Lemon is known for its bleaching property. Regular use of lemon can ensure revival of the teeth's natural white colour.
Method: Mix a few drops of lemon juice, a pinch of baking soda and a pinch of common salt. Rub the mixture on the stained area of the teeth. Leave it on for two minutes and then rinse it off. Do this twice in a day for a month to get rid of the yellow stain on teeth.
4. Strawberries: Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which is a teeth-whitening agent.
Method: Take 4-5 strawberries and grind them into a paste. Mix a teaspoon of strawberry paste with your toothpaste and rub the mixture on the stained teeth. Repeated use, thrice in a week, will help in getting rid of the yellow stains on teeth.
5. Orange: Oranges are a good source of vitamin C, and rubbing an orange peel on the teeth is also an effective way of getting pearly white teeth.
Method: Take one teaspoon of the orange peel powder and mix it with a little amount of organic oil. Rub it on to the teeth and leave it on for about 3-4 minutes. Rinse it off with water. The method can be done twice in a day for about two months for effective results.