- 31 min ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- 56 min ago Dating An Aquarian? 8 Things That You Can Expect In Your Relationship
- 2 hrs ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 2 hrs ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- Finance HousingForAll.com: All You Need To Know About The Govt’s Website To Buy Ready Flats
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Glows In A Desi Avatar At Cousin's Engagement In Himachal [PICS]
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s Get Up To Rs. 3,000 Discount At Offline Stores
- News Modi flag bearer of Indian culture, tradition: HM Amit Shah in Karnataka
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca, Juve in Rakitic-Bernardeschi swap talks
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
All of us love chewing gums; especially the kids are just crazy about them. Kids not only enjoy chewing them, but also enjoy blowing bubbles with them.
However, what if you swallow a chewing gum by mistake? Have you ever thought what happens when a chewing gum goes inside your system?
However, if you are really serious and want to know about what really happens when you swallow a chewing gum, read on this article to be acquainted with the same.
What Happens When A Chewing Gum Goes Inside?
Chewing gums are normally harmless, until you swallow them.
Swallowing one chewie doesn’t cause any damage, however if you swallow a number of gums at the same time, then in a few cases, it may block your digestive tract.
A majority of small children are ignorant about the usage of chewies, and hence they are very prone to be affected by the same.
What Really Happens When You Swallow A Chewing Gum?
When you swallow a gum by mistake, the gum is treated by your digestive system just like any other food substance.
A chewie is made of colouring agents, sweeteners and artificial flavours, these parts get easily broken down by your stomach’s digestive juices.
However, the gum base is a concoction of resins, elastomers, waxes, emulsifiers and fats that make it quite indigestible. Thus, this single part of a chewing gum opposes digestion; however, that doesn’t mean they won’t leave your stomach for 7 long years!
This gum base is moved through your digestive system slowly by the pushing actions of your gut. Finally, the gum gets eliminated from your system after 1-2 days by defaecation.
What Is The Right Age For A Kid To Chew A Gum?
You should not allow your kid to have a chewing gum, if he/she doesn’t understand the right usage of the gum. Usually, kids understand the difference between a candy and gum by the age of 5 years.
Thus, don’t offer chewies to your younger siblings, until they turn 5 and become fully aware that chewing gums are supposed to be chewed and not to be swallowed.
Is Chewing Gum Harmful For Children?
Excess of anything is bad. Chewies are full of sweeteners, so if your kids chew a lot of sugary chewies, it will result in extra calories.
Some chewing gums contain the flavour of cinnamon, which can irritate the mouth lining of your kid because of its spicy flavour. Hence, you must educate your child to spit out the gum after chewing it.
Always look for sugar-free chewing gums in order to prevent your teeth from cavities. Encourage your kids to stick to just 1 or 2 gums in a week and make them aware of the dangers of swallowing them.
Therefore, the moral here is to not swallow your chewing gum but to spit it out after you have finished chewing it.