- 8 min ago Feeding Tube Insertion (Gastrostomy): Types, Risks, Procedure And Complications
- 23 min ago Happy Birthday Shruti Haasan: The Actress Who Can Teach You How To Mix Fashion And Art
- 1 hr ago Ganesha Jayanti 2020: Here's The Date, Muhurat And Puja Vidhi
- 1 hr ago Shakuntala Devi Actress Vidya Balan's Events Diary Is About Slay-Worthy Traditional Fashion
- Technology Qubo Smart Indoor Camera And Smart Plugins Review: AI Takes It To Another Level
- News Extinct for 60 years, Cheetahs to run again in Indian jungles
- Automobiles Tata Nexon EV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.99 Lakh
- Movies Radhe: Salman Khan Shells Out This Whopping Amount For 20-minute VFX Heavy Climax
- Sports Drogba, Heskey to headline Australia bushfire charity match
- Finance Passport Officials To Send Reminders For Renewal
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Can a citrus fruit cure cough? Actually, there is so much myth related to cough and cold that people often get confused.
Some say dairy products are not good for cough and cold and certain people also forbid from having citrus fruits when suffering from a severe cough.
No idea whether these are myths or true; but not having citrus fruits during cough doesn’t have any scientific approval. So, are citrus fruits safe to treat a cough? You’ll see.
Citrus fruits are mainly lemon, oranges, grapes, etc. But, fruits like apples, strawberry, blueberry, etc, are the fruits that have Vitamin C in them.
So, these are also a kind of citrus fruit. Now, if you have learnt the proverb from childhood that “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”, how can it be harmful for cough?
Does cough require any special 'doctor’? Whatever it is, whether you ask if a citrus fruit can cure cough, the answer will be a big YES.
Still, cough can happen due to various reasons. You should always consult a doctor and then follow the diet chart provided by him/her. Read on to know more if citrus fruits are good to be taken during cough or cold.
1. Source Of Fluids:
During cough and cold, your body needs enough fluid. But, you may not like drinking water always. These fruits are full of fluids which are important and are required to replenish the body during cough and cold. Also, these fruits can give you a tangy taste to feel good.
2. Source Of Nutrients:
Fruits like lemon, oranges, grapes, etc, are full of Vitamins B, C, and other minerals like potassium, fibre, carbohydrates, etc, which are necessary when your body is fighting with the viral attack.
3. Enhances Your Immunity:
This is one of the most important benefits of having citrus fruits during cough. Citrus fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals that make your immunity strong and help you to fight against the bacterial and viral attacks. Also, the fibre content in these fruits builds a shield against any disease.
4. Eases Your Lung:
If any lung problem is the reason behind your cough, then one citrus fruit can help. That is grape. Yes, all myths that grapefruit is bad for cough is just a blind myth. If you have grapes or juice of this fruit, it can clear any congestion in your lung and cure that type of cough.
5. Soothes Sore Throat:
These fruits or fruit juices are beneficial in treating a sore throat, which is a crucial symptom of cough. If you have lemon juice with honey or have orange juice in little sips, see how soothing you will feel. Got your answer now?
6. A Bowl Of Fruit Salad:
Now, if you or any of your family member is suffering from cough, prepare a yummy bowl of fruit salad with lime, orange, pineapples and grape, sprinkle a pinch of rock salt and squeeze in a few drops of lemon juice and serve it and watch how it treats the condition easily.