- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News Tripura TET Result 2019 released: Check document scrutiny date
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The increasing popularity of organic foods has led to several households changing to organic produce and meat for their families, in an attempt to live far healthy and more active lives.
Not only are organic foods free from artificial plant additives, these are also cultivated in a healthy way. While it is a good decision to change to organic foods, it is also important to know about organic foods in details so that you are confident of making the right choice.
Organic foods relate to produce and elements grown minus the use of artificial fertilizers, pesticides, genetically modified organisms, sewer sludge or radiation. In case of animals and cattle that produce meat, eggs or dairy, they are not given antibiotics or growth hormones.
Organic foods are thus grown or manufactured in eco-friendly manners. Plants are not treated with toxic substances or harmful chemicals to boost growth. Genetically modified organisms are not fed to animals. They are given organic feeds.
These strict cultivation and husbandry practices make organic food safer than traditional foods and chemical free, thus ensuring safety for you and your family.
Also Read: 9 Amazing Benefits Of Organic Food Products
While organic foods are safer for consumption because of their cultivation and processing techniques, these contain substances exactly like traditional foods.
Thus, food allergies therefore are limited to being caused due to food related or inherent substances present, and not due to the substances and artificial chemicals, since organic foods are devoid of the latter. If you are allergic to say, nuts, both organic and inorganic peanuts may still cause an allergy upon consumption.
Because of its strict farming norms, labour and time intensive production, post harvest procedures and accreditation fee, organic foods may be expensive; however, there are organic foods which are affordable and sometimes can even cost less than traditional foods.
However, after weighing the pros and cons, organic foods are preferred more than traditional foods as these are obtained in a natural way which will always prove to be beneficial for our health.