- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
The news about Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa suffering from a sudden cardiac arrest yesterday has shook the entire state as well as the nation. Many people have mistaken her cardiac arrest to be a heart attack.
So today at Boldsky we bring to you certain facts about how a cardiac arrest differs from a heart attack. Being extra cautious about one's own health is very important in order to prevent a cardiac arrest.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Cold Feet
Keeping oneself away from stress and knowing the warning signs are a must if you want to keep cardiac arrest at bay. Many a times people just ignore these signs thinking it to be just a normal pain. But these are actually the small things that one needs to be careful about in order to prevent a cardiac arrest.
Also Read: Tips To Sleep Better
Also, people who are ageing need to be extra careful about their health as these are the group of people who are among the worst hit by cardic arrest and other heart-related ailments.
Here are a few of the points that help one to differentiate a cardiac arrest from a heart attack and the ways to prevent them. Take a look.
#1. The first fact is that in case of a cardiac arrest the heart actually stops beating totally. But in case of a heart attack the heart will keep beating but the coronory arteries will get blocked.
#2. The first symptoms that a victim of a cardiac arrest shows are sudden loss of consciousness, no breathing and loss of pulse. On the other hand chest pain, breathlessness and sweating are the major symptoms of a heart attack.
#3. So what causes a cardaic arrest? When the heart rhythm becomes abnormal, its natural electrical activity gets affected and it's not able to pump the blood to the body. This leads to a cardiac arrest. On the other hand, a blockage of the coronory arteries leads to a heart attack.
#4. Yet another important fact about a cardiac arrest is that a heart attack can give rise to a cardiac arrest. When the supply of blood to the heart muscle is disrupted it can stop the heart beat and the person suffers from a cardiac arrest.
#5. Risk factors for cardiac arrest include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, smoking, obesity, sedentary lifestyle and family history of heart disease.
#6. The only similarity is that if left untreated on time, both - cardiac arrest and heart attack will turn fatal. Hence, getting immediate medical intervention within minutes of a cardiac arrest or a heart attack is very important.