- 8 min ago Valley Fever: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 09 December 2019
- 20 hrs ago Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- 20 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Vs Karisma Kapoor, Whose Make-up Look Did You Like More
- News Kerala State Lottery Today Result: Win Win W-542 official lottery result
- Sports Socceroos great Milligan retires from internationals
- Technology Top 2 Ways To Fix Waiting For This Message Error On Whatsapp
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
According to an estimate by the World Health Organization, 2.5 million people in India in the year 2015 were reportedly suffering from TB. Out of the global 9.6 million cases reported across the globe, 2.5 million were alone from India. Now, that's a shocking number!
Tuberculosis or TB is an infectious disease that is caused by the bacteria 'Mycobacterium tuberculosis'.
TB is primarily an infection of the lungs, but it could spread to the other organs of the body too. The symptoms of TB include shortness of breath, persistent coughing, fatigue, fever and chest pain.
If not treated at the right time, TB could turn fatal too. In Ayurveda, tuberculosis is known as Rajayakshma. According to Ayurveda, the reason behind the cause of many diseases is vitiation of the doshas.
Ayurveda prescribes the usage of many herbs and medicines that can help cure the problem of TB quite effectively.
So, let us have a look at some of the herbs and medicines that can be used to treat TB with the help of Ayurveda. However, make sure you consult an Ayurvedic expert first to know if the herb or medicine suits you and can be taken.
Garlic is recommended by Ayurvedic experts as a cure for a host of illnesses for its medicinal properties. It contains a compound known as sulphur, which helps to prevent the TB-causing bacteria.
It also has compounds known as allicin and ajoene which hinder the growth of these bacteria. It also helps in making the immune system strong.
Consume a few cloves of garlic every day or prepare a mixture using a glass of milk and add ten drops of garlic juice. Consume this mixture every day.
Drumstick is commonly used to flavour the mouth-watering sambhar; but very few people know that its leaves can also be beneficial for those suffering from TB.
It is recommended by Ayurvedic experts for its anti-inflammation and antibacterial properties. Its anti-inflammation properties keep the inflammation of the lungs caused by bacteria in check and its antibacterial property helps in removing the bacteria.
These leaves also contain various vitamins and minerals that help in increasing immunity to fight against several diseases.
Make a juice using drumstick. Flavour it with some salt and pepper and consume it on an empty stomach every day to alleviate TB and its symptoms.
Black pepper is very efficient in fighting against various diseases, including TB. In fact, Ayurvedic practitioners use black pepper as a part of various remedies to cure diseases.
It cleanses the lungs, flushes out the toxins accumulated in it and reduces chest pain that is caused due to TB.
Fry few black pepper corns in ghee. Add a pinch of ghee to it. Now make it into a paste and consume it every few hours once to ease the discomfort of TB.
We all know that green tea is an excellent remedy for weight loss. But, did you also know that green tea is an excellent remedy for TB as well?
It is packed with antioxidants that flush out the free radicals from your body and keep your immunity going strong. It also contains a compound named as Polyphenol that helps flush out the TB-causing bacteria.
Drink green tea twice daily to keep the problem of TB at bay.
Mint adds flavour to any dish, but it is also a potent remedy for those suffering from TB. Its antibacterial properties help fight the TB-causing bacteria. It also helps in melting the mucus from the lungs and keeping it healthy.
Make a juice containing mint juice, honey and malt vinegar in a 1:1:½ proportion. Now, mix this into ½ a glass of carrot juice. This remedy is great for curing TB.