- 30 min ago COVID-19: What is R0 And What Does It Tell About A Pandemic?
- 1 hr ago Pranutan Bahl Surprises Us With Her Bold Blue Dress And Butterfly Wings-Inspired Sandals
- 2 hrs ago Nora Fatehi Flaunts Printed Separates In Her Throwback Pictures From Malta Trip And We Loved It!
- 2 hrs ago COVID-19: Guidelines For Post-quarantine Personal Hygiene
- Movies After Ram Charan, Niharika Konidela To Do A Cameo In Chiranjeevi’s Acharya?
- Technology Helo Announces Rohan Mishra As New India Head
- Automobiles Maruti Ertiga Becomes India’s Best-Selling MPV In FY 2019-20: Registers Over 90,000 Units of Sales
- Finance Mukesh Ambani Richest Indian On Forbes Billionaires List 2020
- Sports Takeaway from IPL: When Steve Smith's tips for Ranji season helped Rajasthan Royals' all-rounder Riyan Parag
- News EMI moratorium fraud: Banks asking customers to be alert, not to share OTP
- Education Impact of Coronavirus on College Education in India: Dr Swati Mujumdar, Symbiosis, Speaks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In April
Muscle soreness is a resultant of heavy workout or overdoing those weight lifts at a gym. Muscle soreness can also be caused by dehydration, disturbance in the blood flow, lack of minerals such as calcium and potassium, and certain medications. A muscle strain is an injury to a muscle.
When our muscles tighten, they hamper the circulatory system. It prevents nutrients from reaching the muscle cells. This causes pain in the muscle resulting in muscle soreness.
Soreness can be extremely painful at times and may hinder your daily physical activities. The easy ways to recover from soreness is with the use of natural ingredients. Food also plays a significant role in alleviating the pain.
Do you know that certain foods can actually soothe the sore muscles? Well, the answer is yes. Foods also have the ability to alleviate pain. The phytochemicals and other ingredients present in them ease the pain naturally.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the healthy foods that effectively treat sore muscles and provide you a good relief if consumed regularly. Read on to know more about it.
Salmon: Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids that has the ability to reduce many kinds of body pain, including neck, back and the overall body pain. Calcitonin, a protein found in salmon, is known to cure osteoporosis and other types of inflammatory joint conditions that can cause extreme soreness.
Coffee: Coffee has the ability to reduce pain from an injury. It can also ease the pain caused by exercise. Caffeine blocks the biochemicals that trigger the pain during an exercise. Always make it a habit to drink coffee to get rid of the muscle pain.
Ginger: Ginger works great to treat sore muscles. It helps to soothe sore muscles and the ability to alleviate pain. Ginger contains gingerols, an anti-inflammatory compound that reduces muscle aches, osteoarthritis and sore aches.
Pomegranate: Pomegranate possesses various healing powers. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help in reducing muscle damage. It enhances the blood flow and thereby reduces the muscle pain.
Blueberries: The phytochemicals present in blueberries help in reducing muscle damage. Blueberries contain flavonoids and ellagic acid that help in reducing muscle soreness. The antioxidants present in blueberries protect against many chronic diseases as well.