- 14 min ago Ananya Panday And Other Divas Have Yellow Outfit Ideas For Different Occasions
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 13 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 13 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- Movies Darbar Trailer To Hit The Online On Rajinikanth’s Birthday?
- News SMS services from various banks restored in Valley
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Normally, crying is an act which is associated with negative emotions, right? Well, what if we told that crying comes with a whole lot of health benefits?
Yes! You read that right. People try to pacify us when we are in tears, as we usually cry when we feel extremely sad, depressed or scared.
In fact, the instances where people cry from sheer joy are rather lower in comparison to tears induced by negative emotions.
Crying can be described as the body's physical response to an emotional state, where a person sheds tears from the lacrimal gland or the tear duct.
Technically, the act of crying has a number of variations. For instance, sobbing is a form of crying that is accompanied with symptoms like slow, erratic inhalation of breath, muscular tremors, etc.
Tears produced from emotionally induced crying have a different chemical composition, and is not the same as the tears produced due to an eye infection and the likes.
So, take a look at some of the health benefits of crying, in this article.
1. Relieves Stress
Many scientific studies have suggested that crying helps to bring back our physical and mental state from a state of "flight or fight" response to a normal state, thus providing a small amount of relief from stress.
2. Detoxifies The Body
A research study has found that tears produced during emotional responses contain certain toxins, which can be the by-product of stress hormones in the body, so crying can also rid your body of the toxins.
3. Natural Sanitiser
A research study has found that emotionally induced tears contain an enzyme called lysozyme, which may have antibacterial properties, thus proving to be a natural sanitiser!
4. Treats Dry Eyes
Here is another health benefit of crying, as tears naturally lubricate your eyes, crying can prevent eye dryness, redness and irritability.
5. Boosts Mood
Crying can help make you feel lighter and improve your mood to a certain extent, as it is known to increase the production of endorphins or feel good hormones in your brain.
6. Treats Depression
Another health benefit of crying is that it is known to treat depression. Many doctors feel that crying can help a person find psychological relief by releasing all the pent-up negative emotions.