- 8 min ago Syphilis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment
- 44 min ago Lady Gaga In Bold And Vivid Make-up Look Sets The Instagram On Fire
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Juhi Chawla: Five Times The Actress Made Us Want To Up Our Ethnic Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago 6 Things To Keep In Mind Before You Decide To Move In With Your Partner
- Movies Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior New Poster: Saif Ali Khan's Fierce Look Is Giving Us The Chills!
- Sports Afghanistan vs India, 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier: Preview, Where to watch, live streaming
- Finance Inflation May Have Risen On High Food Prices, Hurting Economy Further
- News Will Rahul Gandhi be held in contempt for Chowkidar Chor Hai remark: SC to decide tomorrow
- Technology NASA Finally Names Most Distant Object Ever Visited
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ertiga BS-VI Diesel Spied Testing Ahead Debut At 2020 Auto Expo: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
Having a healthy well-balanced diet is necessary for a sportsperson to build up stamina and get the needed energy that will help keep him strong till the end of the day.
Long hours of running around and practice drain their energy. But including certain foods in their daily diet helps in providing the needed energy to sportspersons and gets them charged.
Also Read: Ways To Improve Digestion Problem
A famous sports personality recently said, 'what you eat is what you are'. Hence, making the right choice of food and eating it at the correct time are essential in building up the stamina and energy.
Dehydration and weak bones and muscles can affect a sportsperson. So it is very important for him not just to keep a check on his daily exercise and practice, but it is equally important to keep a check on the food he eats.
Also Read: Ways To Cut Down On Calories This Diwali
A healthy balanced diet comprising of all the essential nutrients - vitamins, calcium, minerals, carbohydrates, good fats and iron should form a part of every sportsperson's diet.
Here is a list of a few foods that need to be included in the daily diet of a sportsperson. Take a look.
Rich in nutrients, proteins, fibres and antioxidants, whole grains should be a must have everyday for a sportsperson. It helps in making them strong and keeps them full for a longer period of time.
2. Vegetable Salads:
Adding various types of vegetables to the daily diet helps a sportsperson to stay strong and also lowers the cholesterol and sugar level. Rich in fibres it helps in aiding digestion.
Consumption of oil should be reduced, instead adding ghee to their daily diet in small quantities is good. It helps in strengthening the joints and bones.
Rich in potassium content, bananas help in keeping the muscles healthy and strong. Bananas should be a must have everyday for a sportsperson.
Rich in fibre content and water, papaya is one fruit that helps in keeping the digestive system clean and keeps one full for a longer period of time. It can be consumed in the form of fruits, juice or a smoothie.
Carrots contains a lot of fibre and beta-carotene and are a good source of anti-oxidants. Adding carrots to their daily diet helps in providing sportspersons with the needed energy and essential nutrients.
7. Green Leafy Vegetables:
A rich source of iron, calcium, vitamins and fibre, green leafy vegetables are a must have for sportspersons. These help in providing the body with essential nutrients and energy.
When the level of physical exercises is high, we tend to lose a lot of water from the body in the form of sweat. Hence, drinking a lot of water during the day and about 20 minutes before the meal helps in keeping the body hydrated.