- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 2 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Movies Motichoor Chaknachoor Movie Review: Nawazuddin Siddiqui Saves This Ladoo From Crumbling Into Pieces!
- Sports Curtailed day sees Thai Itthipat surge to the top at Panasonic Open India
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
There are certain foods that are great for our brain. Brain doctors ask us to have certain foods like berries and fish that have been proved to be great for the brain. However, there are certain foods that brain doctors ask us to avoid as these could prove to be harmful for the brain in the long run.
Foods which are bad for the brain may also be bad for the body as they cause mental wellness issues or other issues like dental cavities, type-2 diabetes mellitus as well as heart ailments.
Foods that supply the body and mind with little or almost no nutritional value and harm the brain cells are considered as bad brain food. These groups of food lower brain power by nearly killing the brain cells. These have been discussed below.
Food additives are substances added to the food to improve their colour, taste, texture as well as durability. For a long time humans have been using chemicals like vinegar, salt and sugar to preserve the food. In the latest years, with the advent of processed foods, there was plenty of adulteration of food with the chemicals. These are bad for the brain.
Food chemicals like tartrazine as well as as monosodium glutamate that are added to food items to enhance their flavour have been found to be bad for the brain, especially in case of growing children.
Other food additives like sulphites that are utilized for preserving food cause allergy, dizziness, wheezing and flushing. The yellow dye tartrazinea and chemical benzoate cause urticaria or hives. These are bad for the brain as well.
A sugar substitute like aspartame is a hidden item that is being utilized in over five thousand food products like carbonated drinks, kid's medicines, jelly and chewing gums. A combination of the two regular amino acids in aspartame, aspartic acid as well as phenylalanine are bad for the brain.
Fishes that are high in mercury are very bad for the brain as these end up affecting the cerebellum and end up destroying the cognitive power of people.
Foods that contain trans fat are also something that brain doctors ask us to avoid. This is because it damages our memory in the long run.