- 12 min ago Ananya Panday And Bhumi Pednekar’s Chic Outfits Are Ideal For Casual Parties
- 1 hr ago Asha Parekh Exudes Regal Vibes With Her Resplendent Silk Saris
- 1 hr ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Glittering Ivory Badla Sari Is Absolutely What We Want To Own
- 2 hrs ago For All You Men, Here Are Some Skin Care Tips To Get Soft And Smooth Skin
- Sports Windies should leave India as better team, not necessarily winning: Lara
- Technology Huawei Plans To Add More Stores In Tier 3 Cities In 2020
- News MHA recommends President to reject Nirbhaya rapist's mercy plea; file sent to Kovind
- Finance Sensex Drops 400 Points; Yes Bank Plunges 9%
- Movies Self-proclaimed Filmmaker Daniel Shravan Calls Rape 'Corrective Measure', Chinmayi Hits Back
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
You might have heard about the benefits of honey for your skin or a few of you might have found it beneficial for getting rid of the tummy fat. But surprisingly honey is also beneficial for one's eyesight.
Eyes are one of the most important sense organs of human beings. Having a healthy eyesight is extremely important as it is through the eyes one can view the world.
Also Read: Natural Remedies To Build Up Stamina
It is a widely believed notion that people tend to lose their eyesight or have difficulty with their sight as they start ageing. But this is not all, some acquire eyesight problems quite early due to hereditary reasons.
In the recent times with the overuse of computers and other gadgets and unhealthy lifestyle, eyesight problems seem to be prevelant in large numbers. To deal with all these eyesight-related problems the first thing one does is to go for eyedrops and gels that are available over the counter.
Also Read: Best Ways To Fast During Karva Chauth
But how safe would these be, is something which all of us would think about before purchasing and applying it.
So if you are having any eye-related issues like itching, dryness or any eye-related infection then honey will be helpful in dealing with these kinds of eye problems. Here is a list of a few benefits of honey for the eyes. Take a look.
1. Helps In Treating Dryness Of Eyes:
Take a few drops of honey, mix it along with warm water and then wash off the eyes with it before sleeping. This helps in treating dry, red and itchy eyes.
2. Helps Reduce Eye Puffiness:
When your eyes feel tired, just close your eyes and apply a few drops of honey over the eyelids. Keep it for about 15-20 minutes and then rinse it with cold water.
3. Helps Treating Conjunctivitis:
For those suffering from conjunctivitis, applying a few drops of honey helps. This has been proved by several studies.
4. Helps In Curing Eye Infection:
Take a few drops of pure honey and then dilute it with a few drops of warm water and apply it on the affected eye using a cotton ball. This helps in curing eye-related infections.
5. Keeps The Eye Muscles Healthy:
Using honey as eye drops helps in keeping the eye muscles healthy. Especially as one grows older the vision starts getting weaker so using honey on a regular basis helps.
6. Helps Prevent Glaucoma:
Several studies conducted worldwide have revealed that applying drops of honey to the eyes helps in reducing the risk of glaucoma to a large extent.
7. Helps Prevent Vision Loss:
Honey is known for its antioxidant properties and also contains zinc that are necessary for the functioning of optical nerves. Hence consumption of honey helps in preventing loss of vision.
8. Helps Treat Aching Eyes:
Consuming honey everyday not just helps in treating aching eyes but also helps in treating wrinkles around the eyes.
A note of caution: One needs to make sure that the honey being used is in its purest form and not use the treated ones. Also those who are allergic and sensitive to honey should avoid using it for the eyes as it might cause an adverse reaction.