- 4 hrs ago 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- 10 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 10 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 11 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- Technology Week 49, 2019 Launch Roundup: Vivo iQOO Neo, Motorola One Hyper, Nokia 2.3, Vivo Y9s And More
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
When you notice certain patches on your skin, scaly rashes accompanied with bleeding, pain and inflammation, and if this has been restricting your joint motion at times, then you must be extra careful. Get it tested at the earliest, as this might be the signs of psoriasis.
Assuming it to be some mild skin irritation, we tend to ignore it, but that is something we must not do. Though psoriasis is non-contagious; if not taken care of on time, it might lead to severe skin infections too.
Psoriasis is generally found to affect the areas around the elbows, knees and scalp.
Also Read: 7 Ways To Deal With Psoriasis
Apart from being hereditary in nature, psoriasis can be caused by stress or trauma, consuming foods that one is allergic to, due to medicines or skin irritants, bruises or burns, excess alcohol consumption and smoking.
When we look at it from an Ayurvedic point of view, then psoriasis is said to be caused by the imbalance of the two doshas, namely vata and kapha.
When the toxins accumulate in the tissues, blood and muscles, these can lead to the formation of psoriasis.
Also Read: Essential Oil For Psoriasis
There are several methods of medication available to treat psoriasis, but Ayurveda helps in doing away with its root cause.
Ayurveda helps purify the blood and tissues, it helps remove the toxins from the body and also helps clean the body from the impurities and thereby treat the root cause of psoriasis entirely.
Therefore, today at Boldsky, we bring to you 7 effective Ayurvedic remedies for psoriasis. Have a look.
One of the best known Ayurvedic ingredients is turmeric. In case of psoriasis, when applied, it helps in reducing the inflammation, redness and swelling that the condition causes.
Since ancient times, neem is known to help boost the immunity level and purify blood. This effective herb helps keep away skin diseases like psoriasis.
3. Banana Leaf:
As one of the Ayurvedic remedies, a banana leaf is also considered to be very helpful in curing psoriasis. One needs to cover the affected part with a fresh, thin banana leaf.
Psoriasis is also known to induce inflammation, so guggul is one Ayurvedic ingredient that can help reduce inflammation extensively.
5. Sesame Seeds:
Soak a few sesame seeds in a glass of water, and leave it overnight. Early in the morning, drink this water on an empty stomach. It helps cleanse the system and also purify the blood, thereby preventing skin diseases like psoriasis.
Take a few jasmine petals, make a paste and apply it on the affected area. This helps reduce inflammation and itching.
7. Bitter Gourd Juice:
Take one bitter gourd, wash it properly and then grind it. Stir it and take this extracted juice in the morning on an empty stomach. For those who cannot drink this, you could add a spoon of lime juice to enhance the taste.