- 2 min ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 32 min ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- 1 hr ago 11 Signs Your Ex Is Pretending To Be Over You
- 1 hr ago Hacked Actress Hina Khan Looks Smouldering And Stylish In Her Latest Magazine Photoshoot
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz Is Dating Mumbai Model; Does Himanshi Khurana Know This?
- Technology Oppo Find X2 Confirmed To Launch With World's Fastest 65W Super VOOC Charging
- Sports Joshua-Pulev will almost certainly be in UK – Hearn
- News Delhi Elections 2020: EC orders removal of Anurag Thakur, Parvesh Verma as BJP star campaigners
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Finance Budget 2020: LTCG Tax On Equity Unlikely To Be Withdrawn
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Many people confuse pneumonia with bronchitis. Although they are both diseases of the lungs, there are certain marked differences between them.
Pneumonia is a serious infection of the lungs wherein pus along with other fluids fill the alveoli preventing the free flow of air in the lungs. Headache, excessive perspiration, tiredness and insufficient appetite are a number of signs of pneumonia.
The condition, if not treated with care, and on time, may cause death. Several factors can cause pneumonia; nevertheless, the main reason for this condition is bacteria.
Streptococcus pneumoniae causes community acquired pneumonia in approximately twenty percent to thirty percent adults and thirteen to thirty percent kids. Group A or streptococcus pyogenes can also be responsible for pneumonia. Staphylococcus aureus cause pneumonia in approximately ten to fifteen percent of hospitalized individuals.
A fragile resistance system and pre existing viral flu go hand in hand with this kind of pneumonia. Gram negative bacteria causes specific cases of community acquired pneumonia. Specific viruses like SARS virus, adenoviruses, herpesviruses, flu viruses, RSV and HPV also cause pneumonia.
A typical pneumonia and walking pneumonia are caused by bacteria. Aspiration pneumonia is caused by microorganisms that are present in the mouth area. If they permeate the lungs, possibly as a result of weakening of the gag reflex, they might cause pneumonia.
Opportunistic pneumonia is caused due to a weak immune system. So longas your immunity system is in great condition, you do not need to worry about contracting this disease. Regional and occupational pneumonia is caused by exposure to chemicals or cattle.
Bronchitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the bronchi or air passages that transport air from the trachea to the lungs. Inflammation of the bronchi leads to the accumulation of mucous, which causes the blocking of the bronchial cells. Fundamentally, the two main types of bronchitis are acute and chronic bronchitis.
Acute bronchitis is a short term illness characterized by a bad influenza or a cold. In certain cases, viral bronchitis may last from eight to twelve weeks. Chronic bronchitis is a long term situation that may last anywhere from three weeks to two years.