- 40 min ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Technology Microsoft Your Phone App Now Lets You Answer Calls From PC
- News I will not apologize, says Rahul Gadhi over 'rape in India' remark
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Movies Meghna Gulzar: Laxmi Agarwal’s Pics Before The Attack Are Strikingly Similar To Deepika Padukone
- Sports 76ers hand Celtics first home loss, Doncic stars again
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
You might have heard of many people complaining of a lower back pain, hip pain, pain while sitting or a tingling sensation in the leg. These are some of the major symptoms of sciatica.
When the nerve which extends from the lower back to the back of your leg known as the sciatic nerve is affected, you tend to get a severe amount of pain. This type of a pain is referred to as sciatica.
Also Read: Things Only People With Sciatica Understand
Few people ignore it thinking it to be just like any other body pain and pop in painkillers to get an immediate relief. This is something which one needs to avoid at any cost.
When we look at permanent pain relief from sciatica, one could take up yoga. One of the simplest forms of asana that is Dandasana (Staff Pose) is regarded as one of the best asanas to alleviate sciatica pain.
The word "Dandasana" comes from the Sanskrit word, wherein "Danda" means stick and "Asana" means posture.
It is best to practice Dandasana early in the morning, but for those who cannot do it in the morning, they could perform it in the evening provided they have a good six-hour gap after their meal.
Also Read: Remedies For Sciatica Pain
It is one of the easiest yoga asanas; however, one needs to take care that the correct posture to practice is followed, in order to reap the maximum health benefits. It also forms the foundation for all the other seated forms of yoga asanas.
Have a look at the step-wise procedure to perform the Dandasana and the benefits you can obtain from it.
Step-By-Step Procedure To Perform Dandasana:
1. With your back straight, sit on the ground.
2. Stretch your legs in front with your feet pointing upwards.
3. Your buttocks should be pressed on the floor and your weight must be balanced on your buttocks.
4. Your head should be placed straight, facing in front.
5. The heels should be pressed against the ground.
6. The palms should be pressed against the ground, right next to your hips.
7. The legs should be relaxed. Continue to breathe in and out normally and concentrate on your breathing.
8. Remain in this pose for about 20 seconds and then relax.
Other Benefits Of Dandasana:
Helps strengthen the back muscles
Helps strengthen the abdomen
Helps stretch the chest and shoulders
Helps relieve stress and improve concentration
Helps cure asthma
Helps improve body posture
Those who have lower back injury or wrist injury should abstain from performing this asana. However, it is best to take the guidance of a yoga instructor.