- Technology Amazon Great Indian Diwali Sale Offers: Honor Smartphones On Discount
- News Bank jobs for 10th pass:115 Indian Bank peon vacancies announced; Peon jobs apply online link here
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Lately, we keep hearing about chikungunya fever almost everywhere we go! It has become rather common and it is a dangerous viral condition. So, it is important to know how we can prevent chikungunya.
The modern times have brought us many wonders, along with certain negative things, especially when it comes to health.
Every day, we hear about new diseases that affect human beings. Scientists and doctors have to put in a lot of time and effort to find the causes and treatments for new diseases!
Chikungunya virus is one such disease which is borne by mosquitoes and includes symptoms like fever, joint pain, headache, joint swelling, skin rash, nauseas, fatigue, etc.
First discovered in Africa, chikungunya is a viral condition which means "to be contorted" in an African language, due to the fact that the affected person appears to be stooped, owing to the joint pain.
Chikungunya has spread across the globe today and numerous people are being affected with it, causing great concern.
So, if you want to avoid getting chikungunya, here are a few best tips to prevent it, have a look.
Chikungunya is transmitted by a breed of mosquitoes known as Aedes aegypt, which tend to be active during early mornings and late nights, so ensure that you are extra-careful during these hours.
One tip to prevent chikungunya is to avoid spending a lot of time in dark, damp areas, as the Aedes aegypt species tend to breed in such places.
If you want to avoid getting chikungunya, ensure that there is no stagnant water around your home or workplace, as stagnant water is a breeding ground of mosquitoes.
Another natural way to prevent chikungunya is to discard items in which stagnant water can be collected such as vases, old tires, cans, bottles, etc.
Ensure that you keep your surroundings clean as much as possible, in order to prevent the breeding of disease-causing mosquitoes.
Yet another tip to prevent chikungunya is to take protective measures like wearing long, thick clothing at night, using a mosquito net, using mosquito repellents, etc.
If you do notice certain symptoms like light fever or joint pain, do visit a professional, as the progression of chikungunya can be prevented if you take quick measures.
Another natural tip to prevent chikungunya is to eat healthy and avoid eating outside, in order to keep your immune system strong enough to be able to fight the virus.