- Technology Best Selling Samsung Mobiles On Sale At Flipkart Republic Day Sale And Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu, 17 MLAs taken in police custody
- Sports Premier Badminton League 2020: Satwik & Lakshya Sen shine as Chennai Superstarz win opener
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 113 Synopsis: Time To Elect The Second ‘Elite Member’ In The House
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Celerio BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.41 Lakh
- Travel 7 Patriotic Places To Visit This Republic Day
- Finance New Gold Hallmarking Rules: 5 Things To Know
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Since childhood we have been told to take care of our teeth by brushing it in the morning and at night and washing our mouth after every time we finish eating anything. This would ensure that we do not get teeth cavities and our teeth would stay strong and healthy for a long time to come.
However, as we grow up, we do certain things that are sure to wreck our teeth in the long run. These are really very bad habits that should be avoided at all cost to keep our teeth strong and stop it from being harmed.
Also Read: Are Sugar-Free Drinks Bad For Teeth?
Some people have the habit of chewing ice. This can damage our teeth permanently with small cracks. This ultimately leads to fracture in the teeth.
Children who are addicted to bedtime bottles are at the risk of suffering from tooth decay as the sugar in the milk affects the enamel of the teeth and causes tooth decay.
Cough drops are high in sugar content. Although they are good for sore throats, if you keep sucking on them throughout the day when you have a sore throat, you can end up damaging your teeth.
Kids are very fond of gum candy. So make sure that as a parent you make them wash their mouth every time they finish having them or else the sugar in the gum candy will stick to the teeth and cause tooth decay.
Also Read: Foods That Are Bad For Your Teeth
Avoid soda at all cost. Soda is high in acid and sugar content and can cause tooth decay. Sports drinks are no better than sugar and are high in acid content and sugar. Instead go for plain drinking water to quench your thirst.
Fruit juices are very high in nutrients but we must not forget that they contain high quantities of sugar that can harm the teeth in the long run. So go for fruits instead of fruit juices.