- 11 min ago Diana Penty And Other Divas Up The Glam Quotient With Their Stylish Outfits
- 2 hrs ago Taapsee Pannu And Bhumi Pednekar Give Us Party Looks That We Can Easily Ace
- 3 hrs ago 8 Things That Your Mother May Want To Hear From You
- 4 hrs ago Arranged Marriages Can Be Better Than What You Think, Know From Real People Why!
- News Big Scam: Congress stages walkout in Lok Sabha over electoral bonds
- Sports Big Match Focus: Manchester City v Chelsea Saturday, 11pm IST
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 3i With AMOLED Display Launched In India: Price, Specifications, And Availability
- Movies IFFI 2019: Amitabh Bachchan Retrospective Opens at Kala Academy
- Finance Does Sensex’s New High Mean Revival Of Growth In The Economy?
- Automobiles Ultraviolette F77: Top-Things To Know About The Latest Electric Sportsbike In India
- Travel 8 Exhilarating Water Adventures In India For Couples
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Looking at losing weight, reducing cholesterol, cure for cold, soothe a headache? Then, for all these health problems and more, there is this one best home remedy - herbal tea.
The ingredients could be different - tulsi, rosemary, chamomile, ginger, or for that matter lemon grass tea, but the health benefits they offer are amazing.
Also Read: Benefits Of Drinking Hot Water
However, when preparing herbal tea, majority of us make certain common mistakes that we are still unaware of. Due to these mistakes of ours, we are not able to reap its maximum health benefits. Also, due to the wrong preparation method, it can also led to certain side effects too.
So, today in this article, we will explain about the mistakes that one needs to avoid while preparing herbal tea. When prepared and drunk in the right way, only then will one get its benefits.
Also Read: Foods To Avoid If You Have Stomach Ulcer
Not to forget, these herbal teas are also a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Several studies and research conducted across the world have also pointed at the health benefits that one can derive from different types of herbal tea.
Here is a list of few of the mistakes that one needs to avoid with herbal tea. Take a look.
#1. Never Add Milk:
When milk is added to herbal tea that is meant for reducing weight, then it will not work. Milk contains nutrients that hinder weight loss. Also, milk and tulsi for instance are incompatible, as they can cause certain side effects too.
#2. Never Add Sugar:
Adding sugar to your herbal tea would mean adding on more calories. So, the whole purpose of drinking herbal tea would go in vain. Hence, one should never add sugar, instead use a bit of honey or jaggery for taste.
#3. Do Not Re-Heat:
Re-heating the tea will burn out the natural herbal benefits. It is best to drink a freshly prepared one, only then it will be serving its purpose for which it is being used.
#4. Do Not Drink It All The Time:
Herbal tea is not meant to be drunk all the time or whenever you feel like. It has to be consumed at a particular time. For example, drinking tulsi tea early in the morning helps to better digestion. It is always better to consult a doctor before taking up any herbal tea.
#5. Never Close The Lid While Preparing:
While preparing the herbal tea, it should be ensured that the lid is open and that the water is allowed to evaporate. According to Ayurveda, this helps in making the tea rich with the ingredients that are meant for deriving the herbal tea's health benefits.