- Technology YouTube Premium, YouTube Music Premium Prepaid Plans Launched In India
- Movies Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior Trailer: Ajay Devgn-Saif Ali Khan's Epic Battle Sets Our Pulse Racing!
- News New bacteria-repellent coating reduces water needed to flush a toilet
- Finance Corporation Bank Jumps 20% On Third Consecutive Day Of Rally
- Sports IPL 2020: Parthiv Patel responds to Dean Jones' jibe on being retained by Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Automobiles Volkswagen T-Roc Spotted Testing In India For The First Time Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
It has been often debated as to whether mushrooms are healthy foods or not. Mushrooms are often called the wooden meat in some parts of Europe. Today, mushrooms are eaten by individuals, for their taste, texture and also for the health advantages. So the health and taste advantages of mushrooms are widely known.
Typically, white button mushrooms contain these vitamins and minerals along with fibre: vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, vitamin B5, copper, iron, magnesium, selenium, zinc, phosphorus and potassium.
So are mushrooms healthful foods? Beyond all doubt they are. The first advantage of mushrooms is that they have very less calories and comprise about 80 to 90 percent water. In addition they have low sodium, carbohydrate and fat content and are high in fibre content.
Mushrooms contain more potassium than a banana. It is well known that potassium helps lower blood pressure levels and reduces the possible risk of apoplectic attack. This is the other advantage of mushrooms and they are recommended to individuals suffering from hypertension.
Mushrooms are great in protecting the heart as it is rich in copper. A single serving of mushrooms completes approximately 20 to 40 percent of the everyday needs of copper. This protects the cells from the harmful effects of free radicals in conjunction with vitamin E.
White button mushrooms are believed to be the most advantageous for digestion. White button mushrooms prevent cells from cancerous growth. It provides a boost to the immunity system. Research has proved that it also protects against AIDS. Research also confirms its usefulness against infections and its anti-tumour activity.
Mushrooms have also been proved to stop migraine headaches and are beneficial for individuals suffering from mental diseases, like obsessive compulsive disorder. Being full of fibre, protein and vitamin B, mushrooms help keep your metabolism healthy.
Hence, there is no doubt that mushrooms are indeed healthy and should be consumed on a daily basis in order to remain healthy and protect ourselves from a number of diseases.