- 8 hrs ago Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- 1 day ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 1 day ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 1 day ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- Sports Mark Wood eyes Ashes role despite injury blow
- News Knowing one's duty is good: Priyanka Gandhi's jibe at Adityanath's Sonbhadra visit
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 3 Opening Episode Live Updates: Contestants' List, Nagarjuna's Return To TV & More
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Citrus fruits are one of the healthiest fruits to include in our diet. They include oranges, lemons, grapefruits, sweet lime, etc.
They are rich in vitamin C, calcium, copper, phosphorous, thiamin, potassium, niacin and magnesium.
The energy provided by citrus fruits can be absorbed by the body easily, and thus they help in refreshing the body instantly when exhausted. They help in the cell rejuvenation process and that is why most of the energy drinks contain citrus flavours in them.
Since citrus fruits are low in calories, they are ideal for weight loss and diabetic patients. Citrus fruits help to flush out the toxins from the body.
They increase the enzymes in the body, which stimulates liver and keeps the body clean. They thereby help in the liver cleansing process too.
The health benefits of these citrus fruits are plenty. They prevent cardiovascular diseases, aid in digestion, keep a check on body weight, improve blood flow and the list just goes on.
Therefore, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the health benefits of including citrus fruits in your diet. Read on to know more about it.
Citrus fruits are packed with flavonoids and limonoids, which diminish the growth of cancer cells and tumours in the body. According to studies, high intake of citrus fruits can also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
Prevents Heart Disease
The antioxidants in citrus fruits counteract free radicals and provide protection against heart diseases. It lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases, heart burn, hypertension and stroke.
Improves Blood Flow
Citrus fruits intake improves the blood flow into arteries, thereby preventing blood clots in the body. It oxidizes bad cholesterol and prevents artery plagues. They also destroy calcium deposits in the arteries and pancreas.
Sore Throat Relief
Citrus fruits help in removing the mucous from the back of the throat. Consuming citrus fruits provides instant relief from sore throat. It heals the sore throat effectively.
Aids In Digestion
A glass of orange juice aids in digestion. It also keeps nausea and morning sickness at bay, specially in pregnant women. It is advisable to consume either the orange fruit as a whole or consume orange juice to speed up the digestion process.
Citrus fruits also aid in weight loss if consumed in the morning. It balances the blood sugar levels. Thus, it is an ideal fruit to be had by the diabetic patients as well. It lowers cholesterol and detoxifies the liver.