- 4 hrs ago World Spine Day 2019: Date, Theme And History
- 5 hrs ago Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatment & Prevention
- 5 hrs ago Hina Khan Gives Us Festive Vibes With A White Ethnic Suit But Her Eye Makeup Disappoints Us
- 6 hrs ago Dare To Wear: In A First, Hina Khan’s Make-up Failed To Impress Us
- Movies Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: Disha Vakani NOT Returning To The Show For Good, Confirms Husband!
- News Rogue Karachi dog that spread terror, bit 25 dead; Why Pakistan facing anti-rabies vaccine shortage
- Sports World Cup Qualifiers: India, Bangladesh play out draw
- Automobiles New Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS-VI Engine Details Leaked: India Launch Expected Soon
- Technology Realme 5G Smartphones With Qualcomm Chipsets Under Works
- Travel 6 Romantic Places In Bangalore Every Couple Must Visit For A Dreamy Escapade In 2019!
- Finance How Does Faceless Income Tax Assessment Work?
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
A lot of people who suffer from the pain of headaches are reaching out for alternative medicines, as they prefer to avoid taking drugs or medicines. A headache is defined as a constant pain in the head, be it a chronic daily stress headache due to muscle contractions or a full blown migraine.
A migraine is just a throbbing, pounding pain which could last from several hours to several days. It could come from susceptibility to noise or light and often is accompanied by nausea or stomach problems. Besides prescription drugs or prescription medicines, there are various alternative headache treatments which were shown in studies to be successful.
In the quest for alternative medicine for complications, researchers have investigated whether or not there is a connection between migraine headaches and the gluten present in wheat, barley, rye and oats. Gluten is a protein-like material which gives the dough from grains its elastic texture.
One study from the journal Neurology found that eating a gluten-free diet brought respite from headaches to nine out of ten of the individuals. This leads to the possibility that foods containing gluten may bring on complications. Research has found that individuals with migraine headaches have low concentrations of magnesium in their body.
The strong active ingredient in red cayenne pepper is known as capsaicin. It is known for its capability to relieve pain and inflammation. One study on capsaicin to relieve headaches was published in the Clinical Journal of Pain.
The scientists noted that capsaicin prevents the formation of substance P within the body, that is a substance that can help transmit pain signals. Substance P is part of what creates emotions of pain and capsaicin can help to remove it.
The research found that whenever capsaicin was applied topically to the nasal passages, the individuals found relief from headache complications. Capsaicin is available as a tablet, skin cream or nasal spray.
It has also been found that a regular dose of B vitamins that contained 25 milligrams of B6, 2 milligrams of folic acid and 400 micrograms of B12 were found to provide relief from headaches.