- 7 hrs ago Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- 1 day ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 1 day ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 1 day ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Jaipur Pink Panthers Vs U Mumba: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News Karnataka Floor Test: Lone BSP MLA Mahesh to skip floor test tomorrow
- Movies Kiara Advani Goes All Emotional As Kabir Singh Completes One Month!
- Technology 10 Useful Touch Gestures For Chrome On iPhone
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
A lot of people who suffer from the pain of headaches are reaching out for alternative medicines, as they prefer to avoid taking drugs or medicines. A headache is defined as a constant pain in the head, be it a chronic daily stress headache due to muscle contractions or a full blown migraine.
A migraine is just a throbbing, pounding pain which could last from several hours to several days. It could come from susceptibility to noise or light and often is accompanied by nausea or stomach problems. Besides prescription drugs or prescription medicines, there are various alternative headache treatments which were shown in studies to be successful.
In the quest for alternative medicine for complications, researchers have investigated whether or not there is a connection between migraine headaches and the gluten present in wheat, barley, rye and oats. Gluten is a protein-like material which gives the dough from grains its elastic texture.
One study from the journal Neurology found that eating a gluten-free diet brought respite from headaches to nine out of ten of the individuals. This leads to the possibility that foods containing gluten may bring on complications. Research has found that individuals with migraine headaches have low concentrations of magnesium in their body.
The strong active ingredient in red cayenne pepper is known as capsaicin. It is known for its capability to relieve pain and inflammation. One study on capsaicin to relieve headaches was published in the Clinical Journal of Pain.
The scientists noted that capsaicin prevents the formation of substance P within the body, that is a substance that can help transmit pain signals. Substance P is part of what creates emotions of pain and capsaicin can help to remove it.
The research found that whenever capsaicin was applied topically to the nasal passages, the individuals found relief from headache complications. Capsaicin is available as a tablet, skin cream or nasal spray.
It has also been found that a regular dose of B vitamins that contained 25 milligrams of B6, 2 milligrams of folic acid and 400 micrograms of B12 were found to provide relief from headaches.