- 7 min ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas And Kim Kardashian West Will Inspire You To Buy Warm And Soft Coats
- 37 min ago Ananya Panday And Bhumi Pednekar’s Chic Outfits Are Ideal For Casual Parties
- 1 hr ago Asha Parekh Exudes Regal Vibes With Her Resplendent Silk Saris
- 2 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Glittering Ivory Badla Sari Is Absolutely What We Want To Own
- Finance Here’s Why You Should Preserve The Receipts/Bills Of Your Gold Purchase
- News Hyderabad vet rape-murder case: What we know so far
- Sports Liverpool's century under Klopp, groundhog day for Spurs – the Premier League Data Diary
- Movies Kiara Advani Changed Diapers In A Pre-school For A Living Before She Took Up Acting!
- Technology Huawei Plans To Add More Stores In Tier 3 Cities In 2020
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Stomach or our abdomen is one of the most vital organs of our body. It plays an important role in the digestion process and in releasing of the enzymes in our body.
You might have heard people complaining of abdominal pain, bloating of the abdomen or even a burning sensation in the abdomen. All these might be caused due to various reasons. Some might be food related, whilst others may be due to unknown reasons.
Also Read: Yoga Asana For Stronger Back
It is necessary to keep your abdomen healthy and fit for the proper functioning of the body. In case of abdomen-related problems, we rush to the doctors and there are ample medications available over the counters that give us an immediate relief in case there is any abdominal pain.
Of all the methods, yoga asana has been one of the best procedures that helps stimulate the abdominal organs. Agnistambhasana (Fire Log Pose) is one such asana that helps stimulate the abdominal organs.
The word "Agnistambhasana" is derived from the Sanskrit word 'Agni' which means fire, 'Stambha' which means statue and 'Asana' which means pose. This asana focusses mainly on one's posture and breathing techniques.
Also Read: Dandasana For Sciatica Pain
When this asana is performed in the right way, it has several health benefits for the entire mind and body. For beginners, it can be quite challenging; however, through continuous practice, they can perform it with ease and reap the maximum benefits out of this asana.
Step-By-Step Procedure To Perform Agnistambhasana:
1. First, sit comfortably, you could sit on a thick blanket. Knees should be bent and the feet should be placed on the floor.
2. Shoulders should be placed high and the top of the upper arm should be placed at the back.
3. Place the right leg above the left leg or vice-versa. The right ankle should be placed on the outside portion of the left knee or vice-versa.
4. The left shin can be placed forward, just below the right one. If there is any difficulty in doing this, one could place the left heel beside the right hip.
5. Once you put pressure on the heels, try to spread the toes. See to it that your torso is extended to the maximum limit.
6. Place your hands on the floor in front of the shins. You could also join your hands.
7. Once you inhale in this position, the torso will rise slightly. Again, when you exhale, try to fold deeper.
8. Sit in this position for a minute. Slowly come out of the pose, bringing one leg out first and then the other.
9. Repeat the same with the other leg.
Other Benefits Of Agnistambhasana:
Helps ease stress and anxiety
Helps provide energy to the body and soul
Helps stretch and open the hips
Helps stretch the groins and buttocks
Helps increase flexibility
Those having knee or ankle injuries should take precaution while performing this asana. They should practice it under the guidance of a trained yoga instructor.