- 7 hrs ago Expert Article: Quit Smoking To Reduce Your Risk On Tongue Cancer
- 8 hrs ago Unlucky Plants: Avoid Growing These Nine Forbidden Plants At Home, As Per Vastu
- 9 hrs ago Fasting In Hinduism: What You Need To Know
- 11 hrs ago Sindhu Darshan Festival 2022: Date, Time, Celebrations, History And Significance
- Movies Hina Khan Unveils Poster Of Her Second Film Country Of Blind At The Cannes Film Festival 2022
- News If farmers want, they can change government: KCR in Punjab
- Sports Rajasthan Royals RR IPL playoffs history, stats and records, key players to watch out
- Automobiles Kia EV6: Top 10 Things To Know
- Technology Is Xiaomi 12 Pro The Fastest 5G Smartphone In The World? Here Is The Answer
- Education ICSE ISC Examination 2023 To Held Once A Year, ICSE And ISC Syllabus Revised. Check Details And Download Link
- Finance Fuel Rates Slashed Following Excise Duty Cut: Check New Rates
- Travel Best Camping Site Near Pune And Mumbai – Pawna Lake Camping, 1N/2D
Runny nose, sore throat, constant sneezing, coughing, etc, are some of the most annoying symptoms of common cold.
It is a kind of viral infectious disease that can come unannounced at any given point and also cause a great deal of discomfort in its wake.
Over-the-counter medications can only provide a temporary relief and they also can cause side effects like drowsiness, bloating, etc. These side effects could make it hard for you to carry on with your daily schedule.
And that is why, you should opt for a home remedy. Equally effective, inexpensive and, most importantly, sans any harmful side effect.
So, today at Boldsky, we're letting you know about 2 remarkable natural ingredients that can effectively treat cold and cough.
Since centuries, these 2 kitchen ingredients, honey and garlic, have been a tried-and-true favourite for resolving the symptoms of this viral infection.
The antibacterial properties of these ingredients enable them to fight off the infection by destroying the harmful bacteria.
Also Read: Super Foods That Can Cure Cough
And the anti-inflammatory agents present in them make them highly effective in treating sore throat and other respiratory-related problems like cough.
Hence, take a look at the 2 simple, yet powerful, ways in which you can consume these 2 ingredients for best results.
1. Honey And Garlic Syrup
Just take a fresh clove of peeled garlic. In a bowl, mince it properly and add 2-3 tablespoons of organic honey.
Keep having this syrup throughout the day, at frequent intervals, to soothe the annoying symptoms and also get a good relief from the constant coughing.
2. Honey And Garlic Tea
Freshly brewed tea of these 2 ingredients can significantly subside the symptoms of common cold. Apart from that, this tea also helps prevent the harmful bacteria from spreading the infection any further.
To prepare the tea, add a clove of garlic to a pot of boiling water. Let it boil for sometime, before simmering it down. Then add a few teaspoons of honey to it and use a strainer to extract the liquid. Drink this hot tea through the day and you'll feel relieved from the discomfort that is caused by the symptoms.
Give these methods a try and experience relief from the infuriating symptoms of common cold and cough. Also, if you're suffering from any health issue, then consult with your Doctor first before trying anything new, just to be on a safer side.
- healthCommon Cold T Cells May Offer Protection Against COVID-19: UK Study
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About The Common Cold And Flu
- wellnessBlackberries, Onions, Red Wine: Flavonoid-Rich Foods To Combat Flu And Common Cold
- wellnessCan Broccoli Help Fight Flu And Common Cold Symptoms?
- wellnessAre Zinc Lozenges Effective For The Treatment Of Common Cold?
- wellnessCurd, Alcohol, Candies And Other Foods To Avoid When You Have Common Cold
- wellnessDaily Habits That May Increase The Risk Of Common Cold
- disorders cureSigns That Say It’s More Than Just A Common Cold
- wellness15 Foods That May Help Prevent The Common Cold
- disorders cure9 Surprising Facts About Common Cold You Never Knew!
- disorders cure5 Indian Home Remedies For Cold That Actually Work!
- make up tipsMakeup Tips For Times When You Have A Cold