- 13 min ago Father’s Day 2021: Things Your Father Would Want To Hear From You
- 1 hr ago Kaise Hum Bataye: Pranutan Bahl’s Pastel Phulkari Lehenga Is An Ideal Wear For Attending Wedding
- 2 hrs ago Madhuri Dixit Nene, Sara Ali Khan, And Konkona Sen Sharma Show 3 Different Ways To Style Side Braid
- 4 hrs ago Amid Monsoon Clouds, Sunny Leone Sets Temperature Soaring As She Poses With An Oversized Hat And Heels
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+ To Pack Plastic Rear Panel; Will It Drop The Price?
- Finance 5 Personal Finance Rules For All Ages
- Sports Rani & Co. to dedicate their Olympic performance to covid warriors and frontline workers of India
- Education Rajasthan DElEd Result 2021 Declared For First Year
- News Sad day for democracy if line between right to protest, terrorist activity blur: High Court
- Movies Parvathy Thiruvothu Apologises For Liking Sexual Misconduct Accused Rapper Vedan’s Instagram Post
- Automobiles HOP Leo & Lyf Electric Scooters Launched In India At Rs 65,500
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In June 2021
Pickles make our food tastier. Pickles, in India, are usually made with a lot of oil, spice and salt. The main ingredients of pickles may vary from vegetables such as carrot, beet, amla to non-vegetarian items such as fish or meat. Most of the meat products are used to make pickle. Sea foods are also used in making pickles.
Pickles are made with the sole intention to be preserved for a long period of time. For this reason, pickles are made in a lot of oil and salt or vinegar as they act as preservatives. All these can be bad for the health, even though it is taken in small quantities over a long period of time.
The healthier version of the pickles is something that is water based with lesser quantities of oil. These may not be preserved for a long period of time, but this is sure to be better for your body.
So, is eating pickle bad? Here are some reasons why is it so. Take a look.
Pickles can be made with sugar as the preservative. Hence, it is not suitable for people who have diabetes. The best option is to avoid pickles that have high sugar content. So, is eating pickle bad? Yes, it is for diabetics.
High Triglyceride Levels
Pickle bad for health is like an understatement due to all the preservatives it contains. The preservatives are usually high in oil content. This will no doubt help in preserving the pickle. But, this will surely increase the triglyceride levels in the body. Any kind of oil that is used in the pickles can be a cause for this.
Is eating pickle bad? Yes, it is. While consuming pickles in large quantities, the pickle juice can cause digestive problems. Abdominal discomfort, pain and flatulence are all side effects of having too much pickles. This can affect the lining of the digestive system causing diarrhoea.
For the preservation purpose of the pickle, large amount of salt is used. This contains sodium in a very high concentration. The body reacts to this by retaining a large amount of water, which is needed for the osmotic balance of the body. This will result in bloating; severe bloating will need medical advice.
High Blood Pressure
The intake of salt in high quantities can also lead to a spike in the blood pressure. When there is a previous medical condition or a family history of a particular illness, it is always better to keep away from any form of pickles.
The presence of high amount of spices will result in intestinal ulcers. This is a common condition seen in persons who take pickles regularly. Avoid adding too much spice to the pickle while preparing.
Pickles can make your dish tastier. But, it is not a good practice to add pickle to your diet on a regular basis. If you want to include pickle in your food habits, it is always better to opt for healthy ingredients and healthy preparation.