- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 12 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 12 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- News Do we believe our judges or the Post: SC asks on detention of minors in J&K
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Causes of itchy eyes are many such as pollution in environment, working on a computer for longer time, allergies and also in some eye infections. It may also be caused by allergic conjunctivitis. In this eyes become red, swelling of eyelids and itching. Luckily, there are effective home remedies for itchy eyes.
The symptoms of itchy eyes due to any allergy are redness, sneezing, swollen eyelids, wheezing, difficulty in breathing, blurred vision and itching of eyes. Eye is a delicate organ and itching continuously can cause damage to your eyes and even transmit the infection in your hands to eyes. This will make the condition worse.
Itchy eyes can also be a symptom of some diseases such as blepharitis. If your itchiness is not due to any allergy or other temporary causes, then you must contact a doctor to check for any diseases.
What to do for itchy eyes due to allergies? Today, Boldsky will share with you some home remedies for itchy eyes. Have a look at some natural remedies for inflamed itchy sore eyes.
Grind a potato to make a paste. Put the paste on your eyes (closed eyes) for some time. It relieves itchy eyes and reduces inflammation.
Put some castor oil by a dropper into the eye. It has anti inflammatory properties. It will relieve itching, swelling and puffiness. The castor oil must be pure. This is among the best natural remedies for inflamed itchy sore eyes.
Cucumber works wonders on your eyes. It not even removes puffiness but also soothes itching in the eyes. Cut slices of cucumber and put it in your eye lids. This is one of the best home remedies for itchy eyes.
The bioflavonoids and tannic acid present in tea helps fight bacterial and viral infection. Put a cool used tea bag over your eyes for some time. It will reduce inflammation, pain and itching. It will also remove the puffiness below your eyes.
Grind some vegetables to make a paste and freeze some vegetables. Wrap them in a cotton cloth. Gently put these on your closed eyes for some time. This will relieve itching and will give much comfort to irritated eyes.
Put spoons in a fridge. Place it on your eye lids and when it gets warm replace it with another cold spoon. This will reduce inflammation, puffiness and irritation of eyes by causing constriction of blood vessels of eye.
This is one of the herbal home remedies for itchy eyes. Apply this externally on your itchy eyes by a clean cotton. It relieves itching, inflammation and puffiness. Repeat this many times a day.
Apply chilled aloe vera gel or juice on your eye lids. Dip a clean cotton ball in aloe vera juice then place it on your eyes. It will relieve soreness and irritation of eyes. It also alleviates itching, swelling and puffiness of eyes.
Splash cold water on your eyes or you can also put some ice cubes on the closed eyes. This will soothe irritation and relieve you from itching.
Keep yourself hydrated, doing this will prevent dryness of eyes and will automatically relieve eye itching. You must drink eight to nine glasses of water per day.