- 2 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 2 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Is Effortlessly Raising Mercury With Her Eclectic Fashion
- 3 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- 4 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha, Rajkummar Rao, And Ranveer Singh Perfectly Present Small-Town Casual Fashion
- News Yogi govt announces ex gratia of Rs 25 lakh, govt house for Unnao rape victim's family
- Movies Ananya Panday Gets Trolled Over Her Instagram Captions; Funny Memes Land On The Facebook
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Hyderabad FC vs FC Goa: Preview, where to watch, timing: Goa eye vital win
- Technology How To Export WhatsApp Chat As PDF
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Instant noodles, as the name suggests, is an instant food, which is easy to make and is tasty as well. This artificial food is common among students, working people and bachelors who do not get much time to cook their food.
Having said that, noodles are the worst foods to take. People get easily tempted to prepare it in minutes; however, after eating it the symptoms start to appear. You might have noticed heaviness in your stomach, flatulence and indigestion-related complications after eating it.
Children usually like eating this the most, as it can be prepared instantly and the taste of it is something that remains in their memories for a long time. Even the parents don't hesitate to offer them without knowing its health hazards.
Instant noodles are made from refined carbs (such as maida) that lack fibres and cause a sharp increase in the blood sugar level. This leads to weight gain and many other health-related complications. Also, the additives such as flavours, preservatives and colours also contribute to its harmful effects.
Have a look at the harmful health effects of instant noodles.
Damages Your Digestion
Eating instant noodles more frequently will damage your digestive system. Over a period of time, you may suffer from constipation, diarrhoea, stomach pain, acidity, heart burn, gastric problems, bloating and feelings of heaviness.
High Blood Pressure
The high sodium content in instant noodles contributes to high blood pressure, kidney issues and fluid retention in the hands and feet. The risk is more for those who already have high blood pressure and kidney disease.
If your metabolic rate is decreased, it leads to weight gain. Noodles cause accumulation of toxins in the body that affects the metabolism. These toxins come from flavours, colours and preservatives present in the noodles.
Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG) Or Chinese Salt
Instant noodles also contain MSG, and this chemical is added to enhance the taste. Research has shown that MSG can cause brain damage, kidney diseases and other complications in the body. Some people are also allergic to it and consuming it in excess can lead to many symptoms such as chest pain, headache, etc.
To prevent the noodles from sticking together they are coated with wax. To find out the wax, immerse the noodles in hot water and you can see the wax floating on the top layer of the water. This may again cause a lot of problems in your GI tract, such as constipation, gastric troubles, etc.
Instant noodles also contain many substances that cause cancer. Especially, the noodles that are packed in cups. These cups contain many harmful chemicals that get leached in the noodles during a certain period of time.
Noodles also contain some substances known as humectants or anti-freeze substances, which prevent the noodles from drying out. These substances are very harmful and can cause liver and kidney damages. These chemical substances, such as propylene glycol, also make the immune system weak.
Instant noodles are made from refined carbs (such as maida). Apart from this, it contains many additives such as MSG, salt, flavours, etc, which cause weight gain in the body. Refined carbs cause a spike in the blood sugar levels, which causes more insulin to be secreted at a time, hence resulting in fat buildup.
Gases, Bloating And Indigestion
Instant noodles are easy to make, but at the same time they are difficult to digest. They tend to stick to the intestines, thereby leading to an accumulation of gases and a protruded belly.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans