- 3 hrs ago 12 Types Of Roommates That One May Come Across And How To Deal With Them
- 9 hrs ago People With Lung Cancer Have A High Risk Of Depression
- 9 hrs ago Pati Patni Aur Woh Actress Bhumi Pednekar Raises Mercury Levels With Her Eclectic Fashion!
- 10 hrs ago Gita Jayanti 2019: Know The History, Date And Significance Of This Day
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Movies Aamir Khan Is Unrecognisable In His New Look From The Sets Of Laal Singh Chaddha
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Technology OnePlus Exporting 5G Smartphones From India: Report
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Itchy and dry eyes is one of the most common problems faced by every third person these days. Some of its causes could be environmental pollution, working on computers for a long period of time, lack of sleep, allergies and certain eye infections. Its symptoms include itchiness, redness, irritation and watery eyes.
Itchy eyes are a result of an underlying cause. If you have red itchy eyes with a sinus congestion and cold, it indicates an allergic reaction. It may also be caused by an eye makeup. Frequent rubbing of the eyes may worsen this condition. There are certain home-made remedies that effectively treat itchy and dry eyes by soothing it. These remedies provide an instant relief too.
In this article, we at Boldsky are listing out some of the home remedies that treat itchy eyes. Read on to know more about it.
Cucumber: The cooling and anti-irritation property of cucumber helps in reducing inflammation, puffiness, swelling and irritation that contribute to itchy eyes. Refrigerate cucumber slices and place them on your eyes. Take them off after 10 minutes. Repeat this procedure 4-5 times a day.
Cold Milk: Milk is one of the most popular remedies to treat itchy eyes. Dip a cotton ball in cold milk. Dab it around your eyes for an instant cooling effect. Do this twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening for best results.
Rose water: Rose water is one of the best home remedies to treat itchy eyes. The soothing and cooling property of it helps in clearing irritation and itchiness. Rinse your eyes twice a day with rose water for best results.
Green Tea: Green tea provides relief from itchy eyes. The anti-inflammatory property of green tea soothes itchy eyes. Flush your eyes twice a day with green tea solution prepared by boiling green tea and distilled water. Repeat this procedure for a week for great results.
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is known for its soothing and moisturising properties. It is an effective home remedy for dry, sore and itchy eyes. Extract the juice of aloe vera, add a teaspoon of honey. Rinse your eyes twice a day with this solution.