- 4 hrs ago From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- 9 hrs ago Global Citizen Live: Anil Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Kiara Advani, Hrithik Roshan To Participate
- 11 hrs ago R.1 COVID-19 Variant: Everything You Need To Know
- 13 hrs ago What Is Bipolar Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors, Treatments And Prevention
- News In PM's meetings, suo otu recognition of concerns on Pak support to terror: Foreign Secretary
- Finance LIC Listing To Happen By 4th Quarter Of This Year: CEA
- Sports Anrich Nortje, Delhi Capitals' own Fast and Furious man
- Automobiles ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Grand Finale Highlights: Finalists Are Ready For The Final Race!
- Technology Oppo Reno7 To Feature Identical Design As The Reno6; Might Launch Soon
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Oregano is a wonder herb that has various therapeutic and medicinal properties associated with it. It is popularly known as a pizza herb and is widely used in the Greek and Italian cuisines. Oregano is an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. It is rich in vitamins A, K, E and C, iron, folate, zinc, magnesium, niacin, copper, calcium and potassium.
Oregano is attributed with various antiviral, antibacterial, antiparasitic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergenic properties. It can be used in 3 ways that is aromatically, topically on the skin and as a flavouring agent for the foods that we consume.
This herb is mainly used in cooking. The antioxidant-rich property of oregano supports our immune system and health. Regular consumption of oregano tea helps to combat various common ailments associated with health problems. Alongside its health benefits, it also promotes skin care management by fighting acne and other skin-related problems.
In this article, we at Boldsky are listing out some of the incredible health benefits of oregano oil. Read on to know more about it.
Relieves Menstrual Cramps
The pain-relieving properties of oregano relieves menstrual cramps. Sipping on several cups of oregano tea a day can help you get rid of menstrual cramps.
Promotes Healthy Heart
Potassium present in oregano efficiently controls blood pressure and heart rate. Oregano reduces the oxidative stress, which is one of the factors that contributes to heart disease. The omega-3 fatty acids in it also help in reducing an inflammation.
Kills Flu Virus
Oregano contains an antiviral ingredient in it that has the ability to kill flu virus. The pain-relieving quality of oregano also treats headaches, muscle pain and high fever.
Clears Nasal Congestion
The decongestant property of oregano can clear up a congested nose and throat instantly. Just add a few drops of oregano oil in a bowl of hot water and inhale it for best results.
Treats Common Cold
Since oregano oil is antibiotic in nature, it can be considered as one of the best treatments for common cold. Just add a few drops of oregano oil to orange juice and consume it.
Eases Asthma Attack
Oregano is rich in flavonoids, terpenes and carvacrol. These compounds assist in clearing the respiratory and bronchial tubes. Drinking oregano tea mixed with a spoonful of honey can provide an effective relief from asthma attacks.
Treats Respiratory Infections
The antiviral and antibacterial properties of oregano oil relieve many respiratory disorders. The oil provides quick relief from respiratory infections by easing the pain.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans