- 1 hr ago Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 17 April 2021
- 16 hrs ago Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- 17 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aries 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- Technology Vivo V21 SE With SD 720G Listed At Google Play Console; Launch Tipped For April 27
- Movies Vicky Kaushal And Anushka Sharma Mourn The Loss Of Peaky Blinders Actor Helen McCrory
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Ahmedabad to host final, nine venues short-listed
- Automobiles Honda Increases The Prices Of The Fifth Gen City, Amaze, Jazz & WR-V: Here Are The New Prices
- Finance Top 7 Bitcoin Wallets In India 2021
- News COVID-19: India records highest single-day deaths at 1,341; 2,34,692 new cases
- Education UPSC NDA I Exam 2021 To Get Postponed? Check Latest Updates
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
The mere chanting of gayatri mantra provides a lot of health benefits. But before we look at the gayatri mantra health benefits, let us get acquainted with the mantra. It goes as follows:
Om Bhur Buvaha Svaha
Tat Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayath
The gayatri mantra doubles up as a mantra and a prayer. Its origin is traced to the Vedas. It is considered to be a supreme mantra. In the Bhagwat Gita, Lord Krishna says, “I am the Gayatri”. It means that all of Krishna’s attributes can be experienced by chanting the gayatri mantra.
While chanting the gayatri mantra, one thing that has to be borne in mind is that all pronunciations of the words must be perfect. It is only by correct chanting that one can derive all the health benefits of gayatri mantra. Take a look at some health benefits of gayatri mantra.
Calms the mind
Chanting of a mantra is considered to be healthy for the mind. Chanting of the gayatri mantra has effects beyond other mantras. It starts with an "Om", which originates from the abdomen and sends vibrations to the tongue, lips, palate and back of the skull. This, in turn, releases relaxing hormones which have a soothing and calming effect on the mind.
The pronunciation of every syllable of the gayatri mantra has to be perfect. In order to do so, a great deal of attention needs to be paid while chanting the mantra. Doing it regularly helps improve the concentration. A good concentration resides in a healthy mind and this is what gayatri mantra helps us achieve.
When chanting the gayatri mantra with correct pronunciations and proper emphasis on syllables, various nerves, many in and around the brain region, are stimulated. Studies have shown that chanting the gayatri mantra stimulates the vagus nerve, which is a known form of treatment for depression and epilepsy. The penial body is also stimulated leading to the release of endorphins and other relaxing hormones.
Every chant involves deep breathing. You start with a deep breath and then breathe very consciously throughout the mantra. When you take efforts to breathe, you realise how much effort is needed and you also start breathing in a uniform manner. Gradually, the breathing system becomes a habit and you adopt a healthy way of breathing.
Proper chanting of the gayatri mantra creates resonance in the head. It goes on to stimulate the hypothalamus. One function of the hypothalamus is to release happy hormones and happiness helps build immunity.
The health benefits of gayatri mantra can also be seen on the skin. The various vibrations in the nerves improve the circulation of blood in the face region and help get rid of toxins leaving behind happy, glowing skin.
Chanting the mantra requires you to hold your breath at intervals. This helps to strengthen the lung muscles.