- 6 min ago Swara Bhaskar’s Kashmiri Kaani Weave Sari Is Ideal For Casual Outings
- 57 min ago On 72nd Birth Anniversary Of Jayalalitha, Kangana Ranaut's Latest Thalaivi Sari Look Goes Viral
- 3 hrs ago Having Frequent Headaches? These Foods Might Be Causing It
- 4 hrs ago 7 Obvious Signs You Are Being Manipulated In Friendship
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Stands Up For A Student Who Was Bullied By His Teacher For Having A Stutter!
- Technology Infinix S5 Pro Leaked Images Hint At Pop-Up Selfie Camera
- News God of Water: Myth about 'Jaleswar' temple of rural Bengal
- Sports Bouncing back isn't a term we use - Williamson on recovery after Oz debacle
- Finance L&T, Hero MotoCorp and Hindustan Zinc Fall To 52-week Lows
- Automobiles MG Hector Sales Crosses New Milestone: Registers 20,00 Units In Sales & 50,000 Bookings Since Launch
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Vitamin K is associated with blood clotting. Vitamin K tremendously contributes towards health. It is important for blood clotting, strong bones and cell growth. Without Vitamin K, your body would not be able to clot the blood.
Therefore, intake of Vitamin K is a must. There are 3 types: K1, K2 and K3. K1 type is found in plants and leafy vegetable. K2 is made from K1 and K3 by bacteria and other micro-organisms. There are several benefits of vitamin K. It assists in blood clotting. Vitamin K deficiency leads to impairment of clotting process and gastro-intestinal disorders.
Vitamin K is an essential factor for healthy bones. Vitamin K deficient people are at a greater risk of bone fracture. It also fights against the growth of cancerous cells in the body. According to a recent study, Vitamin K is proved to be good for heart health.
Spinach is an excellent source of Vitamin K. It is also rich in vitamin A and C.1 cup of cooked spinach contains 800 mcgs of vitamin k.
Dark leafy vegetables have highest amount of vitamin K.1 cup of cooked broccoli consists of 220 mcg of Vitamin K.
Kale is one of the healthiest foods which is rich in Vitamin K. It lowers the cholesterol, cleanses the system and prevents cancer.
Mustard green is nutritious green leafy vegetable. It is high in vitamin K,A and carotenes. Mustard green also promotes osteotropic activity in bone.
The delicious and aromatic parsley is rich in Vitamin A, C and K. It protects against arthritis and is good for healthy functioning of heart.
Cabbage is rich in Vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. It aids in lowering the cholesterol and prevents cancer.
Green peas is loaded with Vitamin A, C and K. Peas are high in fiber and low in fat and serve great in regulating blood sugar levels and prevent stomach cancer.
The healthiest herb basil is also a great source of Vitamin K. 1/4 cup of basil leaves contains 25 mcgs of vitamin K, A and contains good amount of Manganese, Potassium and Copper.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans