- Technology Sony IMX 686 Vs Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1: Battle Of 64MP Smartphone Cameras
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
What causes hiccups? Well, they are a result of contraction of the muscles around your diaphragm. When that happens, you tend to breathe fast. When the air hits your vocal chords, a hiccup comes.
Generally hiccups are harmless. Sometimes, they may occur due to no serious reason. We all must have experienced them once or twice. But in some people, they may occur due to serious reasons too. For example, they occur more in people who smoke a lot. Also, those who consume alcohol may also experience hiccups often.
When your stomach feels bloated you may experience hiccups. If you have the habit of eating very fast, you may get interrupted by hiccups. Some people who consume carbonated beverages may also experience them.
In some people, too much of stress or fear may also cause hiccups. Though they are not so serious, if they persist for days together, it is better to consult a doctor. Now, let us discuss how to cure hiccups instantly.
If you want to cure hiccups instantly, simply gargle with ice-cold water. This trick works only if you use ice cold water.
Sip And Breathe
Sip some water and take a deep breath. Again sip some water and take a deep breath. Repeat this process for 3-4 times and your hiccups will be gone.
Try Peanut Butter
This is a natural remedy for hiccups. Consume 2 spoons of peanut butter and by the time you eat it, your hiccups will be gone.
Health experts suggest eating sweets or sugar as they can reset the throat and somehow control hiccups.
Manipulate Your Breath
Close your ears using your fingers and inhale and exhale a few times. Then hold your breath and stretch your tongue out.
Use A Straw
Using a straw, suck some water from a glass. Do it 2-3 times and your hiccups will be gone.
Honey can help get rid of hiccups. Simply mix a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water and drink it.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans