- 4 hrs ago Health And Wellness Tips For College Students
- 5 hrs ago This Wedding Season, Make Your Cocktail Evening Special With These Brand New Outfit Ideas
- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2019: 5 Alluring Make-up Looks From The Bollywood Divas For This Karwa Chauth
- 7 hrs ago Teratoma: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- News Why will Mount Everest's height be re-measured?
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 7 Updates Day 1: Bhoomi Shetty Becomes The First Captain Of This Season!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019, Eliminator 2: Raiders power U Mumba past Haryana Steelers
- Technology Oppo A9 2020 Receives Rs. 1,000 Price Cut In India
- Automobiles Ratan Tata Invests In Electric Two Wheeler Start Up Tork Motors
- Education Who Is Abhijit Banerjee? 10 Facts About Indian-origin Economist Who Has Won Nobel Prize
- Finance CPI: Retail Inflation Rises To 3.99% In September
- Travel Top 10 Indian Cities For Food Lovers
Sesame seeds are tiny seeds that come in a wide variety of colours. The scientific name of sesame is sesamum indicum. It is commonly added to salads and is used as a topping on burgers and cakes in Asia and Middle east. It is used in traditional medicines for its curative, therapeutic and preventive properties. It is a powerhouse of nutrition and has a plethora of health benefits.
Sesame is an excellent source of copper, iron, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, zinc and dietary fibre. Sesame contains two compounds sesamin and sesamolin which lower cholesterol levels. These seeds can also save your liver from oxidative damage.
Sesame offers many health benefits. It can prevent diabetes, cure sleep disorders, detoxify your body, eliminate stress, prevent osteoporosis, reduce inflammation, enhance circulation, reduce stress, cure migraine and fight depression. Now, let us discuss about the health benefits of sesame in detail.
Magnesium and other nutrients present in sesame prevent diabetes and even improve plasma glucose. Sesame regulates the insulin levels in the body and helps manage the symptoms of diabetes.
Reduces Blood Pressure
According to a study, sesame oil is shown to lower the blood pressure in diabetics because of its high magnesium content. It reduces strain on cardiovascular system and prevents certain heart related issues.
The phytosterols present in sesame blocks the cholesterol production and thereby reduces the cholesterol levels. It regulates the glucose and insulin levels in the body.
Aids In Digestion
The high fibre content in sesame also assists in digestion. It even reduces conditions like constipation, diarrhea and gastrointestinal disorders. It protects against heart attacks and strokes.
Boosts Heart Health
The antioxidants and anti inflammatory compounds of sesame (sesamol) prevent atherosclerosis and promote heart health.
Sesame contains stress relieving minerals like magnesium and calcium. The calming vitamin thymin present in it produces serotonin, reduces pain and promotes good sleep.
Sesame seed oil protects your skin from the UV rays from the sun and prevents the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation.
The calcium, zinc and phosphorous present in sesame boosts bone density and prevents osteoporosis. Sesame strengthens and repairs injured bones.
Since sesame is rich in iron, it increases the blood count and is highly recommended for those who are anemic.
The magnesium content in sesame seeds helps prevent respiratory disorders and also reduces the risk of asthma.
Sesame contains anti cancer compounds like phytic acid, magnesium and phytosterols.
The high copper content of sesame prevents and relieves arthritis. It even strengthens your joints and bones.
The anti-inflammatory properties of sesame effectively reduce inflammation in the joints, bones and muscles. Sesame also strengthens your blood vessels.
Buy Best Health Insurance Plans