- 20 min ago Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma, And Ananya Panday Have Ultimate Party Wear Goals For Us
- 32 min ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 1 hr ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- 1 hr ago Heard About A Pill To Fake Virginity On 'The First Night'? Well, It Is True!
- Technology Apple Research App For iPhone, Watch Goes Live: All You Need To Know
- News Minority view in Sabarimala verdict is a stern reminder of how SC verdicts should be implemented
- Sports Rumour Has It: Man City & United want Inter's Martinez as Atletico eye Rakitic
- Movies Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar To Play Sanyogita In Akshay Kumar’s Prithviraj
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Finance Places Where You Can Sell Gold Jewellery For Cash In India
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Eating disorders are very commonly found in approximately 1 out of every 4 persons. Eating disorders are abnormal eating habits which include either over eating of food or insufficient eating. Bulimia nervosa is one such eating disorder where one purges – either self-induced or by the use of drugs and medicines. Another eating disorder is anorexia nervosa. A person facing this disorder does not eat anything for a long period of time till they reach the point of starvation. There is one more eating disorder which is commonly found. It is binge eating, where a person overeats leading to health problems.
Eating disorders are caused because of genetic problems, some particular diseases or mental illness. Environmental influences like family atmosphere, friends group, etc also cause eating problems in individuals. Eating disorders happen when a person is physically, mentally and emotionally unstable.
In this article we will discuss a few ways to overcome eating disorders. Eating disorders are very serious and should not be taken lightly. They have a large effect on the growth and development of an individual. If you are suffering from an eating disorder or know anybody who is facing an eating disorder, you may use the following ways to help them overcome eating disorders.
1.Love and support – Eating disorders can be overcome by mental strength only. If the person suffering from any eating disorder is left alone, there are chances that they might never be able to come out of it. Love and support from family and friends can be a very good way to overcome eating disorders. The feeling of being cared for can motivate the patient to fight the eating disorders.
2.Stay happy – ‘Keep smiling’ is an effective mantra to get rid of many diseases related to our mind. Eating disorders can also be prevented by smiling and being happy always. Worrying and stress can cause a lot of ill effects on health. Eating disorders increase due to mental strain. You can relax yourself by meditation and yoga, listen to some soft music or take a stroll somewhere. You must relax and keep your mind calm. This is a very good way to overcome eating disorders.
3.Seek medical help – Medical attention is very necessary if the abnormal eating habits cannot be handled. Eating disorders can cause serious health disorders, malfunctioning and irregular functioning of body system. Medical help should be taken with immediate effect if the body is facing a lot of physical troubles.
4.Support groups – An effective way to get rid of eating disorders is by joining a support group. There are many support groups which help people to confront their problems and help them deal with them. Support groups give moral support which is required to get out of the abnormal eating habits. Join a support group immediately if you are suffering from any eating disorders.
5.Confront and share – If you have eating disorders because of mental stress, make it a point to share your troubles with someone. Let your heart out – it will feel better. Sharing problems and confronting them can help you relax and give you strength to change your eating habits. Sharing is a good way to overcome eating disorders.