- 33 min ago Covid-19: Omicron Detected In 79% Samples Sequenced In January In Delhi, Delta Found In 13% Samples
- 55 min ago Expert Article: 7 Warning Signs Of Brain Tumour To Be Aware Of
- 2 hrs ago Beijing Olympics 2022: 5 Points To Understand COVID Tests And Protocol At The Winter Olympics In China
- 3 hrs ago Omicron: Everything You Need To Know About The COVID Variant's Symptoms, Isolation And Recovery
- Movies Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai's Harshad Chopda Talks About Content; Reveals Why He Hasn't Done Any OTT Projects
- Sports Ranji Trophy: BCCI to conduct premier domestic tournament in 2 parts, league phase in February, KOs in June
- News PM Narendra Modi inspects National Cadet Corps NCC rally at Cariappa Ground in Delhi
- Finance Union Budget 2022: No Halwa Ceremony This Year To Maintain Safety Protocol
- Technology Facebook Messenger Introduces Snapchat-Like Screenshot Notification; GIFs, Message Reaction Also Added
- Automobiles Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In Winter Of 2022
Everyone is aware that nails accumulate dirt and have more chance of spreading infections. Most of us take care of our body and always neglect the small areas like toenails and fingernails which is also an essential part of our body. More importantly these easy-to-forget areas are also essential parts that can guard your finger tips and toes from scratch and injures.
Yet keeping them clean is imperative. Cutting and trimming your nails is one of the things that most of us forget or neglect completely because we consider it to be boring or not so important. And subsequently we let them grow and get infected. So keeping them trim is better to avoid any kind of nail problems such as ingrown toenails, spoon-shaped nails and pincer nails.
Did you know that nails can give you clues about your overall health? So cutting your nails and keeping them dirt free is more essential for you to stay away from health problems. The benefits of cutting nails are that they help the prevention of diseases. Proper nail hygiene can control diseases as this curbs the spread of diseases. It is important to look after your finger nails and toenails. Make sure to wash around and cut your nails regularly. Here are some of the health benefits of cutting nails.
This is the most serious medical condition caused by not cutting your nails regularly. Ingrown nails also called as onychocryptosis can be painful and unpleasant. When you have big nails they tend to pierce the skin. Some people have toenails that are curved and the corners or sides of it grow into the soft flesh. The result leads to pain and swelling and it can sometime also turn into infections. The hurt and pain can make the toe very sore. If your pain is unbearable or severe consult a doctor. Your doctor can relieve you from the pain.
Looking after your nails is important if you don’t want to pick up infections. If you are permanently wearing shoes or socks then toenails can increase the bacteria formation as your feet is not able to breathe as you sweat. So try to cut your nails to get rid of infections. Make sure that you do not wear dirty socks as it can lead to toenail infections.
Pretty nails give an impression of good hygiene and maturity. If you don’t cut your nails regularly there are chances of you getting fungal infections. The health benefits of cutting your nails regularly can help you to get rid of Tinea. It is referred to as athlete’s foot and is an itchy red rash. It usually occurs between the toes with white patches of skin veering away. These soggy looking patches can also affect the nails by making them look yellow in colour. If Tinea gets under your toenails it can cause fungal infections. So it is better that you cut your nails to get rid of them.
If you don’t cut your nails, then you are indeed causing damage. Sometimes not so trimmed nails can cause injury if you hit it hard on the door by mistake. It can definitely cause bruises. It can be painful and the dark mark of blood takes several months to go away. So in order to avoid any misshapen nails cut your nails regularly. The benefits of cutting your nails can save you from nail damage.
- wellnessHow To Check Blood Pressure At Home And Types Of Blood Pressure Machines
- wellness7 Ways To Make Your Fast Food Healthy
- wellnessWhat Happens To Your Hands When You Age?
- wellness10 Tips To Keep Your Vagina Healthy
- wellness10 Foods That Can Help Ease Muscle Cramps
- wellnessCoronavirus: How To Promote Physical Well-Being During Self-quarantine
- wellnessKidney Stone Diet: Which Foods Can Cause Kidney Stones
- wellness6 Yoga Asanas To Try In 2020 For Mental Well-Being
- wellness5 Ways Yoga Can Improve Your Well-Being
- wellnessBenefits Of Super Power Meditation And Jal Namaskar
- wellness9 Side Effects Of Having High Doses Of Vitamin D
- disorders cure13 Effective Home Remedies For Bleeding Gums