- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 03 December 2020
- 12 hrs ago Nushrat Bharucha Exudes Eco-Friendly And Boss Lady Vibes In Her Green Pantsuit And We Loved It!
- 12 hrs ago Try This Easy-To-Make Raj Kachori Recipe
- 13 hrs ago Gauahar Khan And Zaid Darbar Flaunt Ethnic Outfits As Gauahar Announces Her Wedding Date
- News No outside person allowed to interfere in India's internal issues, says farmer leader
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 December 2 Highlights: Jasmin Is Devastated As Aly Exits House; Kavita Walks Out Leaving Everyone Shocked
- Education Career Point Star Scholarship 2020: Check Registration And Exam Pattern
- Sports India vs Australia: Switch-hit is within laws, part of game's evolution: Maxwell
- Finance Nearly 40 Small And Midcap Stock Ideas To Create Wealth In The Long Term
- Technology Excitel Revises Broadband Plans; Offering High Speed At Rs. 50
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In December
- Automobiles Hyundai Kona Electric SUV Recalled In India: Possible Electrical Deficiency In High-Voltage BMS
There are many of us who think twice before indulging in relishing mushroom dishes. In one hand certain section of people consider mushroom to be non-vegetarian, whereas on the other hand some of us avoid mushroom thinking them to poisonous in nature. However, it is quite essential to note that there are many types of mushroom come in wide variety and are known to have many health benefits. Some of the well known mushrooms are white mushrooms, shiitake, reishi, chanterelle and porcini, these mushroom are few edible mushrooms and are known to extremely beneficial for our health.
Filled with proteins, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti biotic and anti oxidants, mushrooms are high in nutritional values. They are also distinctive in their colour, texture, shape and properties. Likewise, it would be very interesting and knowledgeable tot know the amount of health benefits of mushroom that they have on our system. Some of the health benefits of mushroom include relief from high cholesterol levels, breast cancer, prostrate cancer, and diabetes. It also helps in weight loss, increasing immunity.
The nutritional values of mushroom is not known to the people and are into misconception that mushrooms are just eaten for the taste they give. This delicious edible fungus are used extensively for all kind of dishes, from soups to pizzas and from salads to pickles. However, while purchasing mushrooms make sure that you get them in a reputed grocery stores.
Here are the types of mushrooms and their health benefits including their nutritional values:
White mushroom contains selenium which aids in weight loss and is known to prevent prostate cancer. These mushrooms have special carbohydrate that gives a strong metabolism rate and also maintains equal blood sugar levels.
Shiitake mushrooms have the potential to fight tumors, as they have high amount of lentinan, which is a natural anti-tumor compound. These flavourful, meaty mushrooms contains excellent source of vitamin D and helps in fighting infections.
Reishi mushroom has properties which serves all the needs to defending us from diseases. They are known to have properties that are anti-cancer, anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal. Apart from that these mushrooms contain gandodermic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol which in turn can lower high blood pressure.
Maitake mushroom are good for preventing breast cancer. Including mushroom in our daily diet is known to cleanse our body system and also keep our immune system strong.
Oyster mushrooms are high in nutrients. They have significant level of zinc, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, folic acid, niacin, vitamins B-1 and B-2. It has a high anti-oxidant compounds and is known to save us from variety of diseases and also helps us in beating stress.
Chanterella Mushroom are known to be good for our eyes, lungs and makes our immune system strong. These mushrooms are known to have the properties which are anti-microbial, bacterial and fungal. They are also high in vitamin C, D and potassium.
Porcini Mushroom are known to be anti-inflammation. This meaty mushroom contains the compound called ergosterol which is capable of fighting against infection causing diseases. They are high in calcium level which makes our bones strong and also fiber content, which of course avoids us from having constipation.
Shimeji Mushroom can fight tumors. They can also help diabetes, asthma and certain allergies by enhancing the immune system and boosting its healing capabilities. They are high in essential nutrients such as zinc, copper, manganese and have high amount of Vitamin D.