- 1 hr ago Malaika Arora Exudes Eco-Friendly Vibes In Her Nature-Inspired Printed Maxi Dress; Here’s How Much It Costs!
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 22 January 2021
- 16 hrs ago Healthy Foods To Eat During All The Three Trimesters
- 16 hrs ago Republic Day 2021: Inspiring Slogans And Quotes By Freedom Fighters
- Movies Varun Dhawan Reacted Like This When The Paps Congratulated Him For His Upcoming Wedding With Natasha Dalal
- News Minimum temperature in Delhi drops to 4.2 degrees Celsius
- Technology Realme Watch 2 Appears On FCC Website Revealing Key Details
- Automobiles 2021 Force Gurkha Spied Undisguised Again Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- Sports Super Cup win a morale booster for Pirlo and Juventus
- Finance Petrol Prices Hit New Highs; Crosses Rs 92 Mark In Mumbai For The First Time
- Education SNAP Result 2021 Declared At snaptest.org
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. It is a well known saying that is carried on for a number of years. It is a common practice among parents who use this trick on their little ones to get them to eat those juicy fruits.
The rose apple which has the apple word tagged to it, in no way resembles the apple tree or the fruit. The rose apple is small in size featuring a bright yellowish gold colour which is healthy for the human body in any of its form. It is a seasonal fruit and it available in all parts of Karnataka.
Some may say that the rose apple has the taste of a rose petal, and that is actually true. Which is why, the name suggest rose apple.
Just like other healthy, nutritious and citrus fruits, the rose apple too has a number of health benefits. The rose apple is commonly called Pannerale in Karnataka. Let us see how seasonal fruit is healthy for us.
The seed of the rose apple is stored in a container for a period of 4 days till dry. The seeds is grounded into a powder and used to cure diarrhea. It is also used to bring down fever and control asthma. The fresh seeds is said to cure cataract and dysentery. It is a cure for patients who are suffering from diabetes since the seeds contain an anesthetic property.
The sweet smelling flowers of the rose apple is used to bring down the high temperature in the body (fever). The flowers along with the leaves is used to soothe itchiness for people who are suffering from small pox. Rose apple leaves can also be applied on sore eyes which serves as a diuretic.
The rose apple bark which has a sweet rose smell is healthy. The bark of the tree is made into a decoction and used to relieve bronchitis, asthma and hoarseness in the throat. The root is also treated to cure epilepsy.
The other health benefits of rose apple are
- It is good for diabetics, as it helps in the transformation of the starch into sugar.
- The fruit is loaded with Vitamin C and fiber which is good to reduce the cholesterol in the body.
- One of the most important health benefits of rose apple is that it helps women to be protected from the deadly breast cancer.
- The fruit when consumed on a weekly diet helps to reduce the chance of prostrate cancer in men.
- The reason why one should consume this healthy fruit is, it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals like sodium, iron, potassium, protein, fiber etc.
Therefore, these are some of the health benefits of rose apple.