- 43 min ago On International Women’s Day 2021, Rashami Desai Shares Thoughts On Empowerment And Flaunts Her Pink Dress
- 2 hrs ago International Women’s Day 2021: New Generation Divas And Their Inspiring Makeup Game
- 3 hrs ago Women’s Day 2021: Karishma Shahani Khan Speaks About Her Label, Responsible Fashion, And Digital Fashion Week
- 4 hrs ago International Women’s Day 2021: Google Doodle Highlights And Honours The Women’s Firsts
- Finance Best Women Health Insurance Plans in 2021
- Automobiles TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- News Outcome Budget: Delhi government claims education, health departments as top performers
- Education CEED Result 2021: IIT Bombay To Release CEED Result At ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Movies Mahesh Babu, Samantha Akkineni, Sudheer Babu & Others Wish Fans On International Women’s Day
- Sports IPL 2021: Ponting can't wait to get over to Delhi Capitals, hopes star India trio continue splendid form
- Technology Flipkart Carnival Smartphone Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Smartphones
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. It is a well known saying that is carried on for a number of years. It is a common practice among parents who use this trick on their little ones to get them to eat those juicy fruits.
The rose apple which has the apple word tagged to it, in no way resembles the apple tree or the fruit. The rose apple is small in size featuring a bright yellowish gold colour which is healthy for the human body in any of its form. It is a seasonal fruit and it available in all parts of Karnataka.
Some may say that the rose apple has the taste of a rose petal, and that is actually true. Which is why, the name suggest rose apple.
Just like other healthy, nutritious and citrus fruits, the rose apple too has a number of health benefits. The rose apple is commonly called Pannerale in Karnataka. Let us see how seasonal fruit is healthy for us.
The seed of the rose apple is stored in a container for a period of 4 days till dry. The seeds is grounded into a powder and used to cure diarrhea. It is also used to bring down fever and control asthma. The fresh seeds is said to cure cataract and dysentery. It is a cure for patients who are suffering from diabetes since the seeds contain an anesthetic property.
The sweet smelling flowers of the rose apple is used to bring down the high temperature in the body (fever). The flowers along with the leaves is used to soothe itchiness for people who are suffering from small pox. Rose apple leaves can also be applied on sore eyes which serves as a diuretic.
The rose apple bark which has a sweet rose smell is healthy. The bark of the tree is made into a decoction and used to relieve bronchitis, asthma and hoarseness in the throat. The root is also treated to cure epilepsy.
The other health benefits of rose apple are
- It is good for diabetics, as it helps in the transformation of the starch into sugar.
- The fruit is loaded with Vitamin C and fiber which is good to reduce the cholesterol in the body.
- One of the most important health benefits of rose apple is that it helps women to be protected from the deadly breast cancer.
- The fruit when consumed on a weekly diet helps to reduce the chance of prostrate cancer in men.
- The reason why one should consume this healthy fruit is, it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals like sodium, iron, potassium, protein, fiber etc.
Therefore, these are some of the health benefits of rose apple.