- 25 min ago How Does Alcohol Effect Your Skin And What Can You Do Counter The Damage
- 56 min ago Shilpa Shetty, Genelia Deshmukh And Kubbra Sait Raise Temperature With Their Fashionable Outfits
- 1 hr ago Saraswati Puja 2020: 5 Different Offerings For Goddess Saraswati And Their Importance
- 1 hr ago Benefits Of Drinking Bottle Gourd Juice With Ginger Every Morning
- Movies Mumbai Malls & Multiplexes To Remain Open 24/7: Sharad Malhotra, Jasmin & Other TV Stars React
- News Full list of MDU result 2019 declared: Direct link to check
- Technology Atari Announces Chain Of Hotels With Gaming Equipment
- Sports Ben Arfa signs short-term deal with Real Valladolid
- Automobiles Bajaj CT100 And Platina BS6 Models Launched In India At Rs 40,794: Specs & Features
- Finance India Post To Block Old ATM Cards From 1 Feb
- Travel 8 Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Vasant Navratri is a Hindu festival which is widely followed across North India and is dedicated to Goddess Durga, Saraswati and Lakshmi. The Vasant Navratri fast which starts from the 4th of April goes on for nine days and in these nine days, the devotee needs to fast with very restricted food intake. The food restrictions during the Vasant Navratri fast, promoted good health but at the same time if the diet is not followed properly, it might lead to serious health issues.
The healthy Navartri foods should aim at maintaining the nutrition balance in the body. Food during fasting becomes a problem specially for people who live outside home, in hostels or in PG etc.
Here is Healthy Navratri Foods for you -
1.Include a lot of milk in your diet. Milk is a whole meal, high in nutrient and a great source of energy. During fast drinking milk can be a torture, thus you can make cottage cheese out of it and eat it instead. Cottage cheese can be made in home. Bring milk to boil and then add few spoons of lemon juice into it. Soon the milk will start curdling. The water content which is left behind too has health benefits and is best treatment for stomach disorders. Eat the cottage cheese and drink this water.
2.Banana and curd together can make one of the best Navratri foods. They are rich source of calcium, potassium, fat and magnesium. A bowl of curd and banana can be eaten twice a day.
3.Fruits have always been fast friendly. They are filling as well as are a great body cleanser. Eat a lot of fruits through out the day. Fruits is best teamed up with warm milk. If taken with milk, avoid citrus fruits. Fruits like apple, mango etc can be taken with milk.
4.Acidity can be a common health problem during fasting. The best Navratri food to avoid acidity or cure acidity is to have cold milk and cream together. This cures acidity instantly.
5.During fasting make sure to maintain the body heat. Some of the Navratri foods are fried. Avoid them as much as possible. Fried food increases body heat which can be hazardous during fasting. Thus prefer grilled, baked or roasted food. If a dish needs to be fired, try using olive oil instead of refined oil.
6.The best energy food is Sabudana. It is a rich source of carbohydrates and thus, a great source of energy. Other sources of energy are banana and cucumber.
Try these six Navratri foods for a healthy fasting. The basis aim behind this nine day fasting in Vasant Navratri is to cleanse the body and rest the system. The restricted diet and healthy food regulates the digestive system, helps cleanse the body and maintain the body temperature. Have a healthy Vasant Navratri.