- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says He Would Become Extremely Lonely If He Ever Took Up Direction
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
If you have ever wondered why you get hiccups then it is time to answer your questions. Hiccups are generally said to occur after a big meal and is caused by a dome-shaped muscle in our chest called the Diaphragm.
The diaphragm does quite an important task during respiration. It pulls the air when we inhale and pushes out when we exhale. Sometimes the muscle gets irritated and results in hiccup. There are a lot of remedies to get rid of hiccups like holding breath, counting 10, eating sugar, drinking more water etc there isn't a proper explanation on the causes. Today lets' brief you more on the causes and symptoms of hiccups. Take a look.
Hiccups Causes And Symptoms-
- Although there are many conditions associated with hiccups, none are proven to be the cause of hiccups.
- The diaphragm at stuck down and when the air is sucked into the throat suddenly, it hits the voice box causing a hiccup.
- When food is had at a fast pace, it even swallows air and ends up in a big hiccup.
- Eating too many fatty foods and constant drinking of an alcoholic beverage irritates diaphragm and causes hiccups.
- Sometimes hiccups are thought to act like a reflex to avoid from choking. During that time, the stomach that is adjecent to the diaphragm is distended.
- One keeps getting hics until the irritable muscle contraction of the diaphragm exists. It may be from a few seconds to few minutes.
When to visit the doctor -
If the hiccups last for hours then the person should see a doctor. The case is not an medical emergency but if there is a severe abdominal pain and if one spits blood, they need seek the doctor's advice.