- 56 min ago Booster Shots Won't Stop Omicron, Says Top Medical Experts
- 3 hrs ago Salad Special: How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
- 6 hrs ago National Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- 6 hrs ago Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata Named Among 'Most Stressed Cities In The World': Why?
- Sports India vs South Africa, 2nd ODI: Rishabh Pant blasts career-best 85 as India post 287/6 in must-win game
- Movies Malaika Arora Reveals If Early Marriage With Arbaaz Khan Affected Her Career
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- News 33 people test Covid-19 positive at SAI Bengaluru, 16 of them hockey players
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- Finance These 5 Things We Could Expect From The Upcoming Budget 2022
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
The Serum Institute of India on Friday sought permission from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) to manufacture COVID-19 vaccine Covovax for restricted use in emergency situations at its Manjari manufacturing site, official sources said.
The company has submitted an interim phase 2/3 clinical study report on Indian adults, the interim report of Novavax UK and USA-Mexico phase-3 clinical study and response to the queries raised by the DCGI office, along with its application.
There were no safety concerns arising from the study data and Covovax is safe and immunogenic in the adult population, Prakash Kumar Singh, Director, Government and Regulatory Affairs at the Serum Institute of India (SII), is learnt to have said in the application sent to the DCGI.
- disorders-cureWhat Is Trichotillomania Or Hair-Pulling Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatments
"In our government's endeavour to fight against COVID-19 pandemic, we have also been working shoulder to shoulder with the Government of India to make available one more safe and efficacious world-class COVID-19 vaccine for our country and the world at large."
"Approval of our COVOVAX and its availability will further strengthen India's capability to fight COVID-19 pandemic and ensure vaccine security in line with our prime minister's clarion call of Atmanirbhar Bharat," an official source quoted Singh as having said in the application.
In the phase 2/3 study in India, more than 1,400 participants have received at least the first dose of the vaccine with no safety concerns reported so far, stated the application.
In August 2020, US-based vaccine maker Novavax Inc had announced a licence agreement with SII for the development and commercialisation of NVX-CoV2373, its COVID-19 vaccine candidate, in low and middle-income countries and India.
SII, which manufactures Covishield, plans to produce Covovax at its Manjari plant in Maharashtra.
India has given emergency use permission to several COVID-19 vaccines, including Covishield, Covaxin of Bharat Biotech and Russian-made Sputnik V.
- healthHow To Look After Your Mental Health If You're At Home With Covid-19
- healthCOVID Vaccine Booster Provides Effective Antibody Protection Against Omicron: Lancet Study
- healthModerna Plans To Launch A Combined Booster Shot Of COVID-19-Flu-RSV By Late 2023: Things To Know
- healthNot Possible To End This Virus; Pandemic Viruses End Up Becoming Part Of Ecosystem: WHO Official
- basicsPregnant, Lactating Mothers Made Aware Of Side Effects Of Covid-19 Vaccination, Centre Tell SC
- healthFailure To Vaccinate Everyone Will Give Rise To New Variants: UN Chief
- healthCOVID-19 Treatment: Govt Issues Revised Guidelines On Use Of Drugs, Therapies
- healthAsymptomatic Animal Handlers Transmit COVID Delta Variant To Lions At Zoo In South Africa: Study
- healthDr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
- healthCOVID-19: Why T Cell Vaccines Could Be The Key To Long-Term Immunity
- kidsChildren Exercised Less During COVID Lockdown – 4 Tips To get Them Moving Again
- healthOmicron: Is Anti-Malaria Drug Hydroxychloroquine Really Effective Against The COVID Variant?